Research Article of American Journal of Agricultural Research
Development and Test of Grain Mass Flow Monitoring System Based on Pressure Sensor
Delei Tan1, Duanyang Geng1*, Huabiao Li1, Haolin Yang1, Yanchun Yao1, Yangmeng Zhang2
1School of Agricultural Engineer and Food Science, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo 255000, China; 2Shandong Agricultural Machinery Technology Promotion Station, Ji’nan 250100, China.
In view of the technical development requirements of digital agriculture and the requirement of operation parameter regulation in the operation process of grain harvester. An on-board grain mass flow monitoring system based on pressure sensor was developed. The mathematical model of grain mass and grain flow pressure was established, which realized the real-time measurement, display, and storage of grain dry/wet quality information during the operation of grain harvester. An indoor bench test was carried out with the independently developed grain flow monitoring test bench. The results showed that the output error of the grain mass flow monitoring system was less than 4.25% under the conditions of indoor bench test, which meets the accuracy requirements of grain flow monitoring and provides the decision basis for variable seeding and variable fertilization.
Keywords: Flow monitoring; Pressure sensor; Monitoring system; Grain flow; Digital agriculture
How to cite this article:
Delei Tan, Duanyang Geng, Huabiao Li, Haolin Yang, Yanchun Yao, Yangmeng Zhang. Development and Test of Grain Mass Flow Monitoring System Based on Pressure Sensor. American Journal of Agricultural Research, 2021; 6:111. DOI: 10.28933/ajar-2021-03-1105
1. Zhao Chunjiang. Strategy Thinking on Precision Agriculture of China[J]. Agriculture Network In-formation, 2010(04):5-8.
2. Zhao Chunjiang,Li Jin,Feng Xian,et al. Applica-tion Status and Trend of “Internet Plus”Modern Agriculture in China and Abroad[J]. Engineering Science, 2018,20(02):50-56.
3. Chung S, Choi M, Lee K, et al. Sensing Tech-nologies for Grain Crop Yield Monitoring Sys-tems: A Review[J]. Journal of Biosystems Engi-neering, 2016,41(4):408-417.
4. Jing Chengqian,CAI Zeyu,NI Youliang, et al. Research review on online grain yield monitoring for combine harvester: Yield sensing, yield map-ping and dynamic model[J]. Journal of China Ag-ricultural University, 2020,25(07):137-152.
5. Zhou Jun,Zhou Guoxiang,Miao Yubin, et al. Damping Design of Impact-based Grain Yield Sensor[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 2005(11):127-129.
6. Zhou Jun,Liu Chengliang. et al. Signal Pro-cessing method for impact-based grain mass flow sensor with parallel beam load cell[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricul-tural Engineering, 2008(01):183-187.
7. Chen Shuren,Yang Hongbo,Li Yaoming, et al. Experiment of Dual-plates Differential Impact-based Grain Flow Sensor[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 2010,41(08):171-174.
8. Chen Shuren,Qiu Huazheng,Li Yaoming,et al. Design and experiment of test-bed for grain flow sensor[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, 2012,28(16): 41-46.
9. Strubbe G, Missotten B, De Baerdemaeker J. Performance Evaluation of a Three-dimensional Optical Volume Flow Meter[J]. Applied Engineer-ing in Agriculture, 1996,12(4):403-409.
10. Fu Xinglan,Zhang Zhaoguo,An Xiaofei,et al. De-velopment and performance experiment on grain yield monitoring system of combine harvester based on photoelectric diffuse reflectance[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricul-tural Engineering,2017,33(03):24-30.
11. An Xiaofei,Fu Xinglan,Meng Zhijun,et al. Grain yield data transformation model based on pho-toelectric principle and its validation[J]. Transac-tions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural En-gineering, 2017,33(S1):36-41.
12. Zhang Xiaochao,Hu Xiaoan,Zhang Aiguo,et al. Method of measuring grain-flow of combine har-vester based on weighing[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, 2010,26(03):125-129.
13. Mao Xin,Yi Shujuan. Motion research on grain fluid at plank-tooth of assembled axial-flow de-vice[J]. Machinery Design & Manufacture, 2011 (07):75-77.
14. Gu Yebai,Zhang Yunwen,Song Jiannong. A study on “laminar flow splitter” as blockage proofing device for mulching no-tillage plant-ers[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 1994(01):46-51.
15. Zhang Man, Kuang Jishuang. Error analysis and process of yield data collected by yield monitoring system of corn combine harvester[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineer-ing,2003,19(3):144-148.