Review Article of American Journal of Biotechnology and Bioscience
Novel urease inhibitor
Guan Zhou*, Zimei Zhang, Qing Shi, Siqi Wu
College of Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, China Three Gorges University, Yichang, 443002, China.
Urease, also known as urea amide hydrolase, contains two metal nickel ion active centers that catalyze the decomposition of urea to ammonia and carbon dioxide. Urease is widely found in nature, including plants, animals, and microorganisms, and greatly affects the utilization of nitrogen-containing nutrients by plants and animals. At the same time, its content can also affect the normal physiological metabolism of microorganisms, which in turn affects the survival rate of microorganisms. It can be seen that the role of urease inhibitors is very important. Urease inhibitors, such substances, can affect or even inhibit the activity of urease by direct or indirect means. Guided by computer-aided drug design, the team developed two new urease inhibitors, which are low-cost, non-toxic to plants, animals and humans, and environmentally friendly urease inhibitors. After experimentally measuring the activity of urease inhibitors, the two urease inhibitors have stronger inhibition ability than the widely used acetohydroxamic acid on the market.
Keywords: Urease; Urease inhibitor; Animal; Crop; Helicobacter pylori; Acetohydroxamic acid
How to cite this article:
Guan Zhou, Zimei Zhang, Qing Shi, Siqi Wu. Novel urease inhibitor. American Journal of Biotechnology and Bioscience, 2019; 3:12. DOI: 10.28933/ajbb-2019-08-0506
1. Ru Ru, Yingting Lin. Regulation and Application of Urease Inhibitors on Rumen Nitrogen Metabolism in Ruminants[J]. Chinese Cows,2010.
2. Chao Xu, Huan Song, Zhaoyu Han. Effects of Urease Inhibitors on Milk Yield and Milk Composition of Dairy Cows[J]. Feed and Animal Husbandry,2009.
3. Min Zhao, Shanjun Sun. Effects of Urease Inhibitors on Soil NH4+-N and Maize Seedling Growth[J]. Journal of Anhui University of Science and Technology,2018,(3).
4. Xiuju Ni, Yuzhong Li, Chunying Xu, Qiaozhen Li. Research Progress of Soil Urease Inhibitors and Nitrification Inhibitors[J]. Chinese Agricultural Science Bulletin,2009.
5. Fulian Hu. Epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infection[J]. Chinese Journal of Medicine, 2007, 42(2): 17-18).