Research article of American Journal of Computer Sciences and Applications
Phase Modulated OFDMA System, Study and Investigations
Farouk A. K. Al-Fuhaidy, Faisal Saif Alkamali, and Khaled Al-sofy
Department of electrical engineering, Ibb University, Ibb-Yemen
In this paper, a DFT- based OFDMA with phase modulation (DFT-OFDMA-PM) system is proposed. The proposed system exploits the advantages of PM, the constant envelope (CE) signal, and the ability to improve the diversity of multipath channels. The performance of the proposed system in terms of bit error rate (BER) is studied and investigated using simulation. An investigation of the proposed system, the DFT-OFDMA-PM, results is carried and compared to the recently proposed DCT-OFDMA-PM system and the conventional systems without PM. Moreover, the key parameter, the modulation index, which affects the performance of the PM systems, is also studied and the optimum value is chosen via simulation. The simulation results for the proposed system show the effectiveness of the proposed system for broadband communications.
Keywords: Phase Modulated OFDMA System, Study, Investigations
How to cite this article:
Farouk A. K. Al-Fuhaidy, Faisal Saif Alkamali, and Khaled Al-sofy.Phase Modulated OFDMA System, Study and Investigations. American Journal of Computer Sciences and Applications, 2019; 2:15
1. 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; Physical Layer Aspects for Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (UTRA) (Release 7). 3GPP TR 25.814, V7.1.0, Sept 2006.
2.FALCONER D, ARIYAVISITAKUL S.L, BENYAMIN-SEEYAR A, and EIDSON B, “Frequency domain equalization for single-carrier broadband wireless systems”, IEEE Commun. Mag., 2002, 40, pp. 58–66
3.ADACHI F., GARGE D., TAKAOKA S., TAKEDA K.: “Broadband CDMA techniques”, IEEE Wirel. Commun., 2005, 12, (2), pp. 8–18.
4.Air Interface for Fixed and Mobile Broadband Wireless Access Systems Amendment for Physical and Medium Access Control Layers for Combined Fixed and Mobile Operation in Licensed Bands, IEEE Std. 802.16e, 2006.
5.Farouk A. K. Al-fuhaidy, Hossam Eldin A. Hassan, and Khairy El-barbary, “A New Transceiver Scheme for OFDMA System Based on Discrete Cosine Transform and Phase Modulations”, WPC Springer Journal, 2012.
6.S. H. Han and J. H. Lee, “An Overview of Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction Techniques for Multicarrier Transmission,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 2, 2005, pp. 56–65.
7. J. Armstrong, “Peak-to-Average Power Reduction for OFDM by Repeated Clipping and Frequency Domain Filtering,” Electron. Lett., vol. 38, Feb. 2002, pp. 246–247.
8. Seng-Hung Wang, Jia-Cheng Xie and Shih-Peng Li, “A Low-Complexity SLM PAPR Reduction Scheme for Interleaved OFDMA Uplink,” IEEE GLOBECOM, 2009.
9. S. C. Thompson, A. U. Ahmed, J. G. Proakis, J. R. Zeidler, and M. J. Geile “Constant Envelope OFDM,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS, VOL. 56, NO. 8, Aug 2008.
10. S. C. Thompson, A. U. Ahmed, J. G. Proakis, and J. R. Zeidler, “Constant Envelope OFDM Phase Modulation: Spectral Containment, Signal Space Properties and Performance,” in Proc. IEEE Milcom, vol. 2,Monterey, pp. 1129-1135, Oct. 2004.
11. J. G. Proakis and M. Salehi, “Communication Systems Engineering,” New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 1994.
12. Emad S. M. Hassan, “Performance Enhancement of Multiple-Input Multiple-Output OFDM-Based Wireless Systems,” PhD Thesis, Menofia University, 2010.
13. R. Nogueroles, M. Bossert, A. Donder, and V. Zyablov “Improved Performance of a Random OFDMA Mobile Communication System,” proceeding of the IEEE VTC, Vol. 3, pp. 2502–2506, May 1998.
14.H. G. Myung, J. Lim and D. J. Goodman, “Single Carrier FDMA for Uplink Wireless transmission,” Proceeding of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine. , vol. 1, no.3, 2006.
15. F.S. Al-kamali, M.I. Dessouky, B.M. Sallam, F. Shawki and F.E. Abd El-Samie, “Tranceiver Scheme for Single-Carrier Frequency Division Multiple Access Implementing the Wavelet Transform and Peak-to-Average power Ratio reduction methods,” IET Comm, 2010, Vol 4, Iss. 1, pp. 69-79.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.