Research Article of American Journal of Computer Sciences and Applications
Design of NSGA-III Tuned FPC for AMSS
Fengyang Lu1, Xiaolu Xu1, Hengbo Zhao1
1Luoyang Optoelectronic Technology Development Center, Luoyang, China.
Airborne missile servo system (AMSS) is a complex time-varying nonlinear system and the design of which is a multi-objective optimization problem. Fuzzy PID controller (FPC) is demonstrated appropriate for complex time-varying nonlinear systems but the design of which needs a tedious trial and error process. Non-dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm III (NSGA-III) is a multi-objective evolutionary algorithm with good generality and robustness which can do a big favor for parameter tuning of complex system. This paper develops NSGA-III for parameter tuning in design process of FPC. Resulting FPCs are tested with model of AMSS on simulink. For further comparison, performance of conventional PID controller and sectional PID controller which is widely used in the engineering are also shown. Comparison shows that NSGA-III tuned FPCs have the better performance in AMSS.
Keywords: NSGA-III; FPC; AMSS
How to cite this article:
Fengyang Lu,Xiaolu Xu,Hengbo Zhao. Design of NSGA-III Tuned FPC for AMSS. American Journal of Computer Sciences and Applications, 2019; 2:18. DOI: 10.28933/ajcsa-2019-08-3105
1. Kim Chwee Ng; Yun Li, “Design of sophisticated fuzzy logic controllers using genetic algorithms,” in IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Conference on Fuzzy Systems, 1994, pp. 1708-1712, June 1994.
2. Andong He, “Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm and Its Application in Testability Design,”Master’s Thesis, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 2018.
3. Boudville, R.,Hussain, Z.,Yahaya, S.Z.,Ahmad, K.A.,Taib, M.N, “GA-tuned fuzzy logic control of knee-FES-ergometer for knee swinging exercise,” in 2013 IEEE International Conference on Control System, Computing and Engineering (ICCSCE), pp. 608-611, Dec 2013.
4. Guangyu Li,Chen Guo,Yanxin Li,Wu Deng,“Fractional-Order PID Controller of USV Course-Keeping Using Hybrid GA-PSO Algorithm,” in 2015 8th International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design (ISCID), Vol.2, pp. 506-509, Dec 2015.
5. Fang Nie, “The Application Research of FuzzyPID Optimization Control in Combined-Type Drying Experimental Equipment,” Master’s Thesis, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 2015.