Review article of American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews
To Study Student Assessment: Explore Issues and Challenges of Practicum Course of B.Ed (Hons) program in Karachi, Pakistan
University of Karachi
Practicum is a tool for teacher’s prospective teacher’s development and it is 15 credit hours course in B.Ed (Hons) program. Numerous studied consider practicum as backbone for effective teacher’s development. The study was designed to explore issues and challenges of student’s assessment in practicum course of B.Ed (Hons).Objectives of study were to explore issues and challenges of student’s assessment in practicum course. Secondly developed applicable mechanism of assessment for practicum course and This study contributed valuable information regarding the implementation of practicum program with assessable assessment criteria. Qualitative method was employed, because it will give more comprehensive result for study. It helped researcher to analyzed problem in multiple ays. qualitative data collected through interview and focus group discussion. Qualitative data coded, categories and finally analyze. The following finding were concluded Lessoning planning and role of supervisor were found strong and effective areas of practicum. Students were using different teaching methods successfully. The university has no lab schools for practicum. Schools were found to be less cooperative. No significant difference was found in the effectiveness level of practicum in different schools.
Keywords: Student Assessment, Explore Issues, Challenges, B.Ed (Hons) program
How to cite this article:
Muhammad.To Study Student Assessment: Explore Issues and Challenges of Practicum Course of B.Ed (Hons) program in Karachi, Pakistan. American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews, 2018,3:33.
1. Freddano, M., & Siri, A. (2012). Teacher Training for School Self-Evaluation. PROCEDIA – SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES, 69, 1142-1149. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.12.044
2. Ingvarson, Lawrence, author. (2014). BEST PRACTICE TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS AND AUSTRALIA’S OWN PROGRAMS: SUBMITTED TO TEACHER EDUCATION MINISTERIAL ADVISORY GROUP.
3. Majzub, R. M. (2013). Teacher Trainees’ Self Evaluation during Teaching Practicum. PROCEDIA – SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES, 102, 195-203. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.10.733
4. Mutch, A. (2002). Thinking Strategically about Assessment. ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION IN HIGHER EDUCATION, 27(2), 163-174. doi:10.1080/02602930220128733
5. Sarıçoban, A. (2010). Problems encountered by student-teachers during their practicum studies. PROCEDIA – SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES, 2(2), 707-711.
6. Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice. (1997). TEACHERS AND TEACHING, 3(2), 357-357. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.tandfonline .com/loi/caeh20
7. Assessment in the Professional Experience Context (PDF Download Available). (2017, January https://www.researchgate. net/publication/30385359_Assessment_in_the_Professional_Experience _Context