Research article of American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews
Education Policy in South Sudan: Between the Peace Agreement, the Armed Conflict, the Villages and the Camps for the Internally Displaced People
Jacques Kubranz Buhendwa1 and Kenneth Adam Masungu2
1PhD research in Educational administration and policy, University Laval, Quebec, Canada
2General Education from North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota, USA
The government of South Sudan is struggling to organize the education system of this new country during the war that ended with the signing of peace agreement in 2005. Initiating the educational policy, reinforcing the education administration, creating a practical curriculum and training teachers are the basic problems needed to solve to insure a good learning future for all. But while searching for the solution to these crucial problems, another rebellion broke up from the sharing power between the president and the vice-president since 2013 undermining the success plan according to the international education plan of education for all, EFA.
This war sent many adults and children in the camps where there are no educational structures welcomed by a deep poverty which obliged everybody to lose or to restart their life full of hopeless.
Keywords: Education, policy, curriculum, peace, training.
How to cite this article:
Jacques Kubranz Buhendwa and Kenneth Adam Masungu.Education Policy in South Sudan: Between the Peace Agreement, the Armed Conflict, the Villages and The Camps for the Internally Displaced People. American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews, 2018,3:35. DOI:10.28933/ajerr-2018-09-2301
1. Humanitarian response to the A crisis of the Government of South Sudan, visited on 06/06/2018
2. https://www.humanitarianresponse. info/ sites/www.humanitarianresponse.info/ files/documents/files/ AES%20policy%20% 2019.6.14.pdf
3. The Strategic Plan of General Education, 2012-2017, visited on 06/06/2018 https://www.planipolis.iiep.unesco. org/…/planipolis/…/ south_sudan_general_education_plan_2012…
4. https://www.globalpartnership.org / content/south-sudan-general-education- strategic-plan-2012-2017, https://files.eric.ed.gov /fulltext/EJ1157677.pdf
5. Report on education for all, visited on 06/06/2018
6. https://www.Education for All 2015 National Review Report: South Sudan.
7. South Sudan Strategic capacity building, Visited on 06/06/2018
8. https://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/ uploads/afdb/Documents/ Policy-Documents/ Capacity%20Building%20 Assessment%2020%20July%20final.pdf
9. THE WORLD BANK (2012). Education in the Republic of South Sudan. Status and challenges for a new system. Washington DC.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.