Research article of American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews
Child Criminal Personality Tendency Analysis Towards a moral life and character
aGuidance and Counseling Study Program, University of Bengkulu’s Teacher Training and Education Faculty, Road WR. Supratman, Bengkulu 38371, Indonesia
This study aims to analyze the relationship between the needs and general motivation of child convicts and family conditions of children. The results are used as a reference to determine the appropriate educational model towards moral life and character. The research sample of juvenile convicts who was assisted by the Bengkulu Special Class II Child Development Institution. The Edward Personal Preference Schedule (EEPS) test is used to determine the scale of the child’s needs related to the behavior they have done. Simple statistical analysis is used to analyze data. It is assumed that child convicts have a high potential or need to act criminally, because they have become convicts. The results of this study indicate that the aggressive potential of children is classified as moderate and low. Aggressive potential negatively correlates with Affiliate potential and Nurturance potential. They act criminal because of multi-factors.
Keywords: Personality, child convict, criminal, and character
How to cite this article:
Hadiwinarto. Child Criminal Personality Tendency Analysis Towards a moral life and character. American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews, 2019,4:46. DOI: 10.28933/ajerr-2018-11-2806
1. Durlak, J. Weissberg, R. Dymnicki, A. Taylor, R. & Schellinger, K. (2011). The Impact of Enhancing Stundents’ Social and Emotional Learning. A Meta-Analysis of School-Based Universal Inter-Ventions. Child Development, 82(1), 405-432.
2. Hadiwinarto dan Supriyanto. 2017. Model pendidikan bagi anak bermasalah berdasarkan analisis kebutuhan melalui transformasi sosial budaya menuju kualitas kehidupan yang bermoral dan berkarakter. Laporan Penelitian. Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengabdian pada Masyarakat Universitas Bengkulu. Tidak dipublikasikan.
3. Sears, D.O; Freedman, J.L. and Peplau, L.A. 1991. Alih Bahasa Michael Adryanto. Psikologi Sosial. Jakarta: Erlangga.
4. Suryabrata, Sumadi. 2006. Psikologi Kepribadian. Jakarta : Rajawali Pres.
5. Suryabrata, Sumadi, 2011. Psikologi Pendidikan, Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
6. Sukardi, Dewa Ketut. (1993). Analisis Inventori Minat dan Kepribadian. Jakarta: PT Rineka Cipta.
7. Mikulincer, Mario and Shaver, Philip R. 2017. Attachment in Adulthood. Second Edition Structure, Dynamics, and Change. Guilford Press. https://www.guilford.com/.
8. Neto, R. (2016). Social Media USE, Loneliness, and Academic Achievement: A orrelational study with Urban High School Students. Journal of Research in Education
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.