Research article of American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews
The effectiveness of a proposed training program in the development of the linguistic outcome of students of mental retardation in the first grades of the program of intellectual education in the city of Arar
Fras Mohamad AL-madne and Ihab Saad Abdulaziz EL-Nabarawy
Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Educational Management, Faculty of Education and Arts, Northern border University, Saudi Arabia
The aim of the current study was to develop the linguistic outcomes of people with a simple mental retardation (55 – 70) degree. The existence of a mentally retarded child is a problem facing the family as well as the society due to the difficulty of dealing with this child with limited abilities. The current study is of practical importance in the development of the linguistic outcome of mentally retarded children especially in the class in which the study deals and which need programs to qualify them and enrich their language. The proportion of mentally retarded in Saudi Arabia is about 3%. Use the researcher’s experimental approach to consider the relevance of this research following the experimental design and Study Tools Student data form Testing the drawing of the man to Godfn – Harris The validity of the test was verified and validated the test of the linguistic crop preparation Dalia Mostafa, Before and after training on the program until it took its final form and applied the program to the same number (17) students in the city of Arar in the first three grades in the schools of Abdullah bin Abbas and Ibn Jubair primary and indeed was investigated the first purpose of the existence of differences of statistical significance between the performance of mentally retarded students before training on the program The results also showed that there were no statistically significant differences between mentally retarded people with mental disabilities and those who were mentally retarded in the linguistic yield test in response to this program according to the results of the test.
Keywords: Language Outcome – Mental Retardation – Intellectual Education Program
How to cite this article:
Fras Mohamad AL-madne and Ihab Saad Abdulaziz EL-Nabarawy. The effectiveness of a proposed training program in the development of the linguistic outcome of students of mental retardation in the first grades of the program of intellectual education in the city of Arar. American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews, 2020,5:66.
1. Willy,J (2010) The problem of mental retardation (A chapterin: Hand of book of language social psychology). New York: Brush – ane.
2. CRANEL, L (2001) Mental Retardation:A community Integration approach. Wadsworth publishing.
3. Al Khatib, Jamal and Al Hadidi, Mona (2011) Strategies for teaching students with special needs Dar Al-Fikr Al-Arabi, I 3.
4. Bank, or Banks’s (2003) Multicural education: Issues and perspectivesBoston: Allyn&Bacon.
5. Morse. TE &Schuster, J. W (2000). Teaching Elementary students with moderate intellectual Disabilities hour to shop for Groceries exceptional children.
6. -Friend, M.&Buruck, w. (2001) including student with special needs: practical guide for classroomteachers, Allyn& Bacon.
7. -Piaget,J (1932) the language and thought of the child.London, NewYork Brace and compeer.
8. Daily et al. (2000) identification & Evaluation of mental retardation, American family physician, vol. 16 issue4.
9. -Kirks Samuel, A, Gallagher, Jamesd, Anstasin (2003) Education Exceptional children, Houghton Mifflin company, Boston, U.S.A.
10. -Moore,c. (2002) Educating students with destabilizing in General Education class room Iasummory of the research alas katiepartment of education, teaching pleadings.
11. Wrestling, DL.&fox.L(2002) teaching students. with severe dailies (2nded). upper saddle river, ns Merrill, prentice hall.
12. Yahiya, Khawla (2011) Educational programs for individuals with special needs, Dar Al-Masirah for publication, distribution and printing, i 2.
13. Jamil, SumayaTaha and El Guerwani, Hala (1999), Mental retardation, Integration of Mentally Retarded Children in the School Stage, Egyptian Renaissance Library.
14. Miles, Christine (2004 AD) Specialized Education, Guide for the Education of Mentally Disabled Children.
15. Moawad, Reem (2004), The Undeveloped Child, Dar al-qlm for millions, Beirut Lebanon.
16. Yahiya, Khawla Ahmed and Obaid, Magda Al-Sayed (2005) Mental Disability, 1, Dar Wael Publishing, Amman.
17. Hallahan, D & Kauffman (2007) Exceptional children Engle weed cliffs.Newserase: prentice – Hall.
18. Heward, w. (2006) exceptional children (3nd.ed) columns, Ohio Charles E. Merrill.
19. -Paul, J. v.&Steven, W.F. (2001) international communication elicits language facilitating maternal responses in dados with children who Development disabilities (A.J.M.R) vol (166, no(4), 327 – 335).
20. S Steven, W.F.&Abbeduto, l (1992). the relation of communication and language development to mental retardation. American. Journal of mental retardation,vol (97), No (2) pp (125 -130)
21. Barley, B.Dcorrea,v, sknner. M. and area E (1999). needs and supports reported by lotion families young children with developmental disabilities. Vol (104), No 5.
22. RimskyM,a (1995) communicative development of children with severe disabilities. New York: the one medical publishers, pp 218-234.
23. Rosenberg, S (2002) the language of the mentally eluded (development, processes and intervention) psycho linguistics matorthust of researchand theory. Hillsdale, Erlbaum, pp. 329 – 341.
24. -Abbeduto, L (1995). Effects of sampling context on the expressive language of children and Adores-cents with mental retardation.
25. American Journal of mental retardation Oct., Vol (33), No. (5) P.P 276 – 288.
26. Assaf, NevinBahaa El Din (1999) A proposed program entitled “The Effectiveness of Children’s Stories in the Development of Developmental Aspects of Mentally Disabled Persons,” which is capable of learning. Unpublished Master Thesis, Institute of Childhood Studies, Ain Shams University.
27. Morsi, Kamal Ibrahim (1996) Reference in mental retardation, Cairo Publishing House for universities.
28. Karam El-Din, Laila Ahmed (1995), The Effectiveness of the Mental and Linguistic Development Program in Mentally Retarded Children for Learning in Schools of Intellectual Education, First National Conference on Special Education, Cairo, Ministry of Education.
29. Painting, Mona Hussein Mohamed (1998) Development of the potential of the mentally retarded through the employment of certain specializations, research studies of the Seventh National Conference of the Union of Disabled Care, Cairo Volume II 8 – 10 December.
30. Hussein, Suad Ahmed (1998) Role of the puppet theater in the development of mentally retarded children, research, studies and recommendations of the Seventh National Conference of the Union of Special Groups and Disabled Persons, Cairo, Vol. (1) 8 – 10 December.
31. Mr. Abdul Latif Al-Sayed (2000). Effectiveness of a training program in the development of the linguistic outcome and self-concept among a sample of children who are linguistically late in the pre-school period. Unpublished PhD thesis – Girls College, Ain Shams University.
32. Al-Nabarawi, IhabSaad (2011) Introduction to Special Education Durrat Al-Mutanabi Library, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, i
33. Massoudi, Saad bin TurkiHamdi (2007) Communication Skills, King Abdulaziz University Press.
34. Al-Manahi, Abdullah Abdulaziz (2015) Effectiveness of a mentoring program for the development of psychological validity of the two offices in the light of the theory of Cognitive Therapy, Journal of Education and Psychology, 48, 25 – 176.
35. Brik, Mr. Ramadan Mohamed (2007) Effectiveness of the program for the development of meta-knowledge strategies in improving the problem-solving skills of students of the workshop of basic learning, unpublished doctoral thesis, Faculty of Education, Kafr El-Sheikh University.
36. Basmina, AidMouloud (2017): A study of the oral expression of the normal child and the mentally retarded child, University of Ouargla Algeria, Journal of the University of Vagal number (79) Faculty of Humanities, p. (195 – 212).
37. Blank, M & Salaman, F (1968) A tutorial language program to dewdrop Abstract thinkinginsouciantdisadvantagedPrescod children development, vol. (39).
38. Sornes, M.B., taska, J.A. &hoydens, A.s.(1970) the successful implementation of highly specific preacherrstructionalprogram by para – professional the achersownal of special Education, No. (4).
39. -Whimey (1976). Intelligence canbetought. new York .MacmLLan.
40. (1979) Effectiveness of nurseries in the development of some personality traits and language skills Unpublished master thesis, Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University.
41. Ibrahim, Foulit Fouad (1991). The Psychological and Social Basis of the Cognitive and Linguistic Programs of Preschool Children (3-9 years) National Center for Culture and Children Ministry of Culture, Volume 6
42. Hassan, Osama Abdel-MoneimEid (2014) Effectiveness of a training program to alleviate some speech disorders Circle in reducing the behavior of withdrawal in a sample of children with mental disabilities, capable of learning, Master of Graduate Studies Institute for Childhood – Ain Shams University.
43. AfafAbdel Mohsen 2007, effectiveness of a program to develop the skills of verbal communication as a means to improve the adaptive behavior of the mentally disabled children to learn, PhD – Cairo University.
44. Ibrahim Ahmed Mohamed Abu Zeid (2010) The effectiveness of therapy in play and guidance …. Family in reducing the severity of some speech disorders and the impact on social interactions of mentally retarded children, PhD thesis – Faculty of Education, University of BeniSuef.
45. Effectiveness of a systematic training program for the integration of spinning in the adjustment of speech disorders and its effect on the improvement of harmonic behavior in children (mentally handicapped, PhD thesis, Faculty of Education, BeniSuef University).
46. Graham& Scudder r (2007) parent interactions with who are developmentally different acase study Journal on communication disorders quarterly 28 (2). 107 – 113.
47. El-Batouti, Hala Mohamed Ahmed (1996). A proposed program for the development of language skills in pre-school children, unpublished master thesis, Institute of Graduate Studies for Children, Ain Shams University.
48. Mr. Abdullatif (2000). Effectiveness of a training program on the development of the linguistic outcome and self – concept among a sample of late language children in the pre – school period, unpublished doctoral thesis, Faculty of Girls, Ain Shams University.
49. Hamouda, Mona Sayed Mohamed (2002) The Effectiveness of a Proposed Training Program in the Development of Behavioral Behavior in Mentally Retarded Children, Master Thesis, Menoufia University, Faculty of Arts, Department of Psychology.
50. Assaf, NevinBahaaEddin Ibrahim (2004) Effectiveness of a narrative program in the development of aspects of linguistic growth in a sample of mentally retarded children from the age of 5-7 years, PhD thesis – Institute of Graduate Studies for Children – Ain Shams University.
51. Jobe, A,M&Kumar, s (2007) speech undertenability of repaired cleft palate patients pre and post caregiver training speech palHalaby. Northwestern university, RSF Earth speak U.S.A 140, P112-128.