Case Report of American Journal of Orthopedic Research and Reviews
NEGLIGEE LUXATION OF THE CARPO-METACARPIANA DORSUM OF THE FIFTH FINGER WITHOUT FRACTURE ASSOCIATED: ABOUT A CASE
J.Amghar, M. Yahyaoui, M. Benhammou, S. Aharram, O. Agoumi, A. Daoudi
Orthopedic Trauma Department A, Mohammed VI University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Mohammed Premier University, Oujda, Morocco.
Traumatic carpal-metacarpal dislocations without associated fracture are rare lesions and their dorsal component is exceptional. Untreated, these lesions can lead to joint instability and early joint degeneration. We report the case of a dislocated dislocation of the dorsal carpo-metacarpal of the fifth metacarpal in a 26-year-old man. On clinical examination, the patient had a rotational defect with a limitation of adduction (radial inclination). The imaging assessment revealed a diastasis between the base of the fourth and fifth metacarpals, accompanied by the dorsal dislocation of the base of the fifth metacarpal. The treatment consisted of an open reduction maintained by racking. The joint was immobilized for 6 weeks. At 14 months of follow-up, the patient presented no pain and had resumed all her activities without any embarrassment.
Keywords: Carpo-metacarpal dislocation; dorsal; neglected, open hearth
How to cite this article:
J.Amghar, M. Yahyaoui, M. Benhammou, S. Aharram, O. Agoumi, A. Daoudi.NEGLIGEE LUXATION OF THE CARPO-METACARPIANA DORSUM OF THE FIFTH FINGER WITHOUT FRACTURE ASSOCIATED: ABOUT A CASE. American Journal of Orthopedic Research and Reviews, 2019, 2:8. DOI:10.28933/ajorr-2019-06-2905
1. Kneife F. Simultaneous dislocations of the five carpometacarpal joints. Injury. 2002 Nov; 33(9):846. PubMed | Google Sc
2. Gore DR. Carpometacarpal dislocation producing compression of the deep branch of the ulnar nerve. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1971 oct; 53(7):1387-90. PubMed | Google Scholar.
3. Nalebuff EA. Isolated anterior carpometacarpal dislocation of the fifth finger: classification and case report. J Trauma 1968;8:1119–23:
4. Dobyns JH, Linscheid RL, Cooney WP 3rd. Fractures and dislocations of 225 the wrist and hand, then and now. J Hand Surg Am 1983;8:687–90
5. Yamakado K, Hashimoto F, Nagata S, Higuchi M. Isolated palmar 217 dislocation of the fifth carpo-metacarpal joint diagnosed by stress X-rays. 218 Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2000;120:529–30.
6. Diez E, Marti D, Aramburo F, Mendez JM. Multiple carpo-metacarpal 227 dislocations. Five cases. Ann Chir Main
7. Young TB. Dorsal dislocation of the metacarpal base of the little and ring 220 fingers with ulnar nerve branch compression. Injury 1987;18:65–6
8. Gore DR. Carpo-metacarpal dislocation producing compression of the 170 deep branch of the ulnar nerve. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1971;53:1387–90.