Review Article of American Journal of Psychiatric Research and Reviews
Psychiatry and Diet
Balaji Deekshitulu P V
Homeopathy Doctor and Psychologist, Sri Balaji Homeo Clinic, Tirupati, A.P, India.
The review article explains that the Food habits are uses self-treatment of different psychiatric disorders. It is reported that Diet are used in treating a broad range of mental health disorders including anxiety, stress, depression, obsessive-compulsive, affective, bipolar maniac-depressive, psychotic, phobic and somatoform disorders etc…
Keywords: Diet and mental health
How to cite this article:
Balaji Deekshitulu P V. Psychiatry and Diet .American Journal of Psychiatric Research and Reviews, 2020, 3:10
1. Adrienne O’Neil, Shae Quirk, Siobhan Housden, Sharon L Brennan (2016) Relationship Between Diet and Mental Health in Children and Adolescents, American Journal of Public Health 104(10):e31-e42
2. Eva Selhub MD (2018) Nutritional psychiatry, www.health.harvard.edu.
3. Lynn harbottle and Nicola Schonfelder (2009) Nutrition and depression,Journal of mntal health, 576-587.
4. Lauren Owen and Bernard M Corfe (2017) The role of diet and nutrition on mental health and wellbeing, Proceedings of The Nutrition Society 76(04):1-2.
5. T. S. Sathyanarayana Rao, M. R. Asha, B. N. Ramesh,and K. S. Jagannatha Rao (2008)Understanding nutrition, depression and mental illnesses, Indian J Psychiatry; 50(2): 77–82.
6. Preeti Khanna, Vijay K. Chattu, and Bani T. Aeri (2019) Nutritional Aspects of Depression in Adolescents, Int J Prev Med; 10: 42.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.