Review Article of Global Journal of Arts and Humanities
On the Relationship between Art and Religion
School of Humanities, Tiangong University.
Social science believes that religion is a cultural phenomenon that has emerged in the development of human society to a certain historical stage, an illusory reflection of the objective world, and a social ideology. Primitive religions, also known as tribal religions, refers to the religions of the ancient times and the religions of uncivilized society, such as nature worship, elf worship, totem worship, witch cult, etc. Art refers to a social ideology that uses images to reflect reality but is more typical than reality, including literature, calligraphy, painting, sculpture, architecture, music, dance, drama, film, and Chinese Quyi. There is a close relationship between art and religion, and their production and development are closely linked.
Keywords: Art; Religion; Connection
How to cite this article:
Wei Guolong. On the Relationship between Art and Religion. Global Journal of Arts and Humanities, 2020; 5:1. DOI: 10.28933/gjah-2020-07-1005
1. Jiang Shuzhuo, Religious Art [M] Culture and Art Press, 2005
2. Peng Jixiang, Introduction of Art, Peking University Press
3. Zhu Guangqian, History of Western Aesthetics,People’s Literature Publishing House, 2002
4. Wang Zhongyao, Eastern and Western Religious Aesthetics and Art [M] China Bookstore, 2009
5. Li Zehou, The Process of Beauty [M] Tianjin Academy of Social Sciences Press
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.