Review Article of Global Journal of Arts and Humanities
ANCIENT INDIAN METHODS FOR STRESS RELAXATION
Balaji Deekshitulu P V*
In this review article the author argues that complete presentation of various Ancient Indian methods can reduce the stress and related mental and physical illnesses like Stress anxiety, depression etc.. Life is neither Possible to overcome safely. These methods are increasing in Physical and mental health and reducing stress is an important stimulus of human growth and creativity as well an inevitable part of life.
Keywords: Yoga, Meditation, Mantra, Mudra
How to cite this article:
Balaji Deekshitulu P V. ANCIENT INDIAN METHODS FOR STRESS RELAXATION .Global Journal of Arts and Humanities, 2020, 3:18.
1. Aki Yazawa ,Yosuke Inoue , Dandan L, Jianwei Du ,Yuming Jin ,Yan Chen ,Masaru Nishitani ,Chiho Watanabe and Masahiro Umezaki (2014) Impact of lifestyle changes on stress in a mod-ernizing rural population in Hainan Island, China, American Journal of Human BiologyVolume 26, Issue 1, pages 36–42.
2. Annavajhula J.C. Bose and A. Chinmayee Me-ghan (2014) Overcoming Psychiatric Disturb-ances: ANote, Reviews of Progress; 1 (48): 8.
3. Anita Verma , Sanjay Uddhav Shete, Gururaj Doddoli(2020) Impact of Residential Yoga Train-ing on Occupational Stress and Health Promo-tion in Principals, J Educ Health Promot doi: 10.4103/jehp.jehp_394_19.
4. Balaji P.V Deekshitulu (2015) Role of mantras in mental health, IJAYUSH, Vol 4, No 2.
5. Balaji DPV (2017). Stress management for man-tra techniques. MOJ Yoga Physical Ther. ; 2(2):42-43.
6. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V(2014)stress reduction through indian classical music, Innovare Journal of Health Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 2, 4-8.
7. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V (2014) Healing of Chakras Meditation on Psychological Stress,IJPP, Volume 5, no 4.
8. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V(2016) Effects of Mudra therapy among stress relief, AJCAM, 04(12),01-3.
9. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V(2016) Stress and Mas-sage, IJHS, Volume 04,Issue 2.
10. Balaji Deekshitulu P V.(2016) Safe Lives for Stress Full Life, Sch. Acad. J. Pharm., March 2016; 5(3):62-65.
11. Balaji Deekshitulu PV(2017) “Meditation and Positive Mental Health”,JPCB, https://gavinpublishers.com/
12. Balaji Deekshitulu P V (2018) Indian Ragas for treating health problems, ijmf,1:1
13. Balaji Deekshitulu (2019) Health for Mudra thera-py,GJR,1:1 https://escipub.com/Articles/GJR/GJR-2019-02-1605.
14. Balaji Deekshitulu P V (2019) Physical & Mental Health for Indian Classical Dance, AJHC,2-9.
15. Balaji Deekshitulu PV(2020) Diet and Metal health, ASNH, Voume 4: Issue 3.
16. Brewitt, B, Vittetoe, T, Hartwell. (1997).The efﬁcacy of Reiki hands-on healing: improve-ments in spleen and nervous system function as quantiﬁed by electrodermal screening. Alterna-tive Therapies, 3(4). http://www.asunam.com/ efﬁcacy_of_reiki_hands.htm.
17. Charaka Samhita (text with English translation). Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2008.
18. Chouhan, Swati,Kumar, Sanjiv(2011) Compara-tive Study between Effectiveness of Dance Movement Therapy and Progressive Relaxation Therapy with Music for Stress Management in College Students. Indian Journal of Physiothera-py & Occupational Therapy;Vol. 5 Issue 2, p172- 175.
19. Devanand Upadhyay(2014) An Approach to Healthy Life through Yoga in Ayurveda, Interna-tional Journal of Research,Issn(online)2348-6848.
20. Deekshitulu Balaji(2013) Stress Management Through Ayurveda, IAMJ: Volume 1; Issue 4.
21. Deekshitulu(2014)Vedic life style in stress con-trol, Innovare Journal of Health Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 2, 2014,1-32.
22. Diane Wind Wardell (2001) Biological corre-lates of Reiki Touch sm healing, Journal of Advanced Nursing 33(4), 439±445.
23. Fatemeh Nazari, Mojtaba Mirzamohamadi, Hoja-tollah Yousefi(2015) The effect of massage ther-apy on occupational stress of Intensive Care Unit nurses, Iranian journal of nursing and mid-wifery research 20(4):508-15.
24. Françoise Labrique-Walusis, Kathy Keister, Anne C Russell(2010) Massage Therapy for Stress Management,Researchgate, 29(4):254-7
25. Giuseppe La Torre ,*,Antonino Raf-fone ,Margherita Peruzzo ,Lucia Calabre-se ,Rosario Andrea Cocchiara ,Valeria D’Egidio ,Pasquale Fabio Leggieri ,Barbara Do-relli ,Salvatore Zaffina ,Alice Mannocci (2020) Yo-ga and Mindfulness as a Tool for Influencing Af-fectivity, Anxiety, Mental Health, and Stress among Healthcare Workers, J. Clin. Med., 9(4), 1037.
26. Govind Saraswati and Sonali Dixit (2018) Music therapy: An approach for Stress Management, https://www.researchgate.net/
27. Heather Kennedy,Katherine Reed,Marianne Z. Wamboldt(2014) Staff perceptions of comple-mentary and alternative therapy integration into a child and adolescent psychiatry program; The Arts in Psychotherapy,Volume 41, Issue 1, Pag-es 21–26.
28. Huberty J, Green J, Glissmann C, Larkey L, Pu-zia M, Lee C(2019) Efficacy of the Mindfulness Meditation Mobile App “Calm” to Reduce Stress Among College Students: Randomized Con-trolled Trial JMIR Mhealth Uhealth ;7(6):e14273
29. Indradeep kaur(2015) Stress management through chanting mantra, Stress Management Summit July 13-15, 2015 Philadelphia, USA.
30. Jaylee K. Oliver (2020) Mindful yoga as a means of reducing college student stress, https://scholar.utc.edu/honors-theses/243/
31. Iyengar BKS (2001) Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health. London, England: Dorling Kindersley.
32. Jaydeep Chakraborty,(2006) Stress Management using Indian Classical Music; Conference pro-ceedings of the 1st International Conference, 15. Nada Centre for Music Therapy, Chennai, India;
33. Kamakhya Kumar (2014) Effect of Mantra on Mental Health,Nature and Wealth,Vol. VI No 1. 10.
34. Kuladeep singh(2015)hatha mudra’s and respira-tory system,IJPESH,1(6),83-86.
35. Lalitha Ramakrishna (2006)Rhythm as Vitalising Tonic; ; Conference proceedings of the 1st Inter-national Conference, 15. Nada Centre for Music Therapy, Chennai, India
36. Lisc Rusczy kL; 50 Things To Know To Live a Stress Free Life: Reduce Stress and Relax, Am-azon Digital Services, Inc, 2013.
37. Madhav Goyal, Sonal Singh, Erica M. S. Sibinga (2014) Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being, JAMA Intern Med, 174(3):357-368.
38. Mohini (2015)Mudras for women in enhencing the level of oorrpgh, IJHSSI, 4(6), 31-35.
39. Manpreet Kaur (2017) EFFECT OF YOGA AND MEDITATION ON STRESS MANAGEMENT OF FEMALE PRISONERS IN DELHI, Recent Innova-tions in Science , Technology, Management & Environment, Volume: Vol. No.5, Issue No. 12
40. Manocha, D. Black, J. Sarris. and C. Stough (2011) A Randomized, Controlled Trial of Medita-tion for Work Stress, Anxiety and Depressed Mood in Full-Time Workers, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/960583/
41. Ogba, Francisca N, Ede, Moses O. Onyishi, Charity N.Agu, Patricia U.Ikechukwu-Ilomuanya, Amaka B. Igbo, Janet N. Egenti, Nkechi, Manafa, Ifeyinwa, Amoke, Chijioke, Nwosu, Nne-ka C. Omeke, Faith C. Nwafor, Bernedeth N. Amadi, Kingsley C. Nwokenna, Edith N.Ugwoke, Samuel C (2019) Effectiveness of music thera-py with relaxation technique on stress manage-ment as measured by perceived stress scale, https://journals.lww.com/
42. Paula D, Luís P, Olívia RP, João SM (2017) Aromatherapy in the Control of Stress and Anxi-ety. Altern Integr Med 6: 248.
43. Raj Kotwal, C. Z. Rinchhen, and Vishwajeet V. Ringe (1998) Stress Reduction Through Listening to Indian Classical Music During Gastrosco-py;Diagn Ther Endosc.; 4(4): 191–197.
44. Rodriguez AH(2013) Music therapy as an adju-vant therapeutic tool in medical practice: an evi-dence-based summary. OA Evidence-Based Medicine; 01;1(1):2.
45. Sachin Kumar Srivastava and archana shar-ma(2014) Impact of Stress on Front Line/Business Management Executives and IT’s Solution, Social Science Electronic Publishing.
46. Sasidharan K Rajesh, Judu V Ilavarasu, TM Srinivasan, HR Nagendra(2014) Stress and its expression according to contemporary science and ancient indian wisdom: perseverative cogni-tion and the Pañca kośas, INDIAN AND WEST-ERN PERSPECTIVES:Volume : 12 | Issue : 1 | Page : 139-152
47. Sayuri M. Naruse(2019) Effects of couples posi-tive massage programme on wellbeing, per-ceived stress and coping, and relation satisfac-tion, HPBM,Volume 7:issue 1.
48. Shiv Gautam and Nikhil Jain(2010) Indian culture and psychiatry, Indian J Psychiatry; 52(Suppl1): S309–S313.
49. Shri Kanta Murthy (1993) Madhava Nidanam, (Translaton), Chaukhamba Orientalia, Varanasi, India, 1993, pp. iii-xv.
50. Sushruta Samhita (3rd or 4th century AD), Astaghridayam, Sutrastharam Chapter I.P.V Sharma (1981) Caraka Samhita (text with English translation), Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi, India.
51. Sushruta Samhita, (translation), Chaukhamba Orientalia, Varanasi, India, 1991, pp. iii-lxvi (I), i-xvii (II) 3 Volumes
52. Sundaram, K. Dr. (1993) ―Manoroga Chikitsa in Ayurveda, Aryavaidyasala, Kottakkal. P. 10.
53. Vandanasharma(2016)stress management strat-egies:insights from bhartiya wis-dom,http://ssrn.com.
54. Verma, Nidhi; Singh, Ajay(2014) Stress man-agement and eoping embedded in the Bhagwad Gita, Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p520-522. 3p.