Review Article of Global Journal of Arts and Humanities
The Desire Order of the Male Characters’ Oedipus Complex
-Take Wen Jiang’s Film as an Example
Master of Fine Arts, School of Humanities, Tiangong University.
In the film and television texts, the spiritual growth and changes of male characters are always accompanied by pains, that is, the Oedipus-style of killing the father and marrying the mother, which has also become a way for male characters to grow up. When the male characters cannot correctly deal with the order of these two desires in the process of self-construction, it will bring a devastating hit to the male characters. The male characters in Wen Jiang’s films often have a strong Oedipus complex, and this complex will ultimately affect the growth of the characters.
Keywords: Oedipus complex; Male characters; Growth
How to cite this article:
Guoguang Liu. The Desire Order of the Male Characters’ Oedipus Complex–Take Wen Jiang’s Film as an Example. Global Journal of Arts and Humanities, 2020; 6:1. DOI: 10.28933/gjah-2020-08-1805
1. Sigmund Freud. Totems and Taboo [M]. Taipei: Taiwan Zhiwen Publishing House, 1985, 192.
2. Yu Zhang. Freud’s Oedipus Complex Theory and Literary Aesthetics [J]. Home Drama, 2020(06): 163-166.
3. Sigmund Freud. Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality and Love Psychology [M]. Qian Peng, Lu Zhang translated. Taihai Publishing House, 2016.
4. Honghui Xiang. Oedipus and Lacan’s Mirror Image Theory [J]. Art and Literature for the Masses, 2011(02):134-135.
5. Yu Lin. Interpreting Dreams for Wen Jiang: Analysis of the Movie Sun Also Rises [J]. Movie Literature, 2008(20): 44-45.
6. Qingchen Li, Xinlei Li. The Construction of the Other and Self-realization in Growing-Lacanian Interpretation of Hidden Man [J]. Home Drama, 2019(12): 99.
7. Yuxing Zhang. Awakening the World Recipe-Evaluation Hidden Man from the Perspective of Defamiliarization and Freud’s Sexual Instinct [J]. Art and Literature for the Masses, 2020(01): 173-174.
8. Yixuan Liu. Interpretation of the Visual Symbols in Hidden Man from the Perspective of Surrealism [J]. Research on Transmission Competence, 2019, 3(28): 70-72.