Review article of Global journal of Economics and Business Administration
The effect of re-engineering of administrative operations On strategic performance. (Engistrative) Case study; Jordanian companies of mining
Department of business administration University of taibahu. K.S.A
This research purposes to recognize the effect of re-engineering of administrative operations( engistrative ) on strategic performance in Jordanian companies of mining ; and reach the recommendations that aim to increase the necessity of this side to ameliorate the strategic performance level in these companies from the financial sides ; operational and competitive sides , this research also includes recognizing the effect of personal variables ( gender ; age ; years of experience ; administrative level and scientific qualification) on strategic performance ; whereas this research depends on the descriptive analytical curriculum ; using the questionnaire to study the opinions of sample of research that composes 55 persons like an average ( 15.7%) from the society of research.
And this research confirms an effect with statical indication ( a< 05.0) for the dimension of re-engineering of the operations ( administrative settlement ; culture of organization and readiness to change ) jointly and separately on strategic performance of mining companies .The results also approved no differences related with statical significance on the significance level ( a > 05) in strategic performance of the mining companies attributed to personal and functional variables ( gender, age ) , The results also approved differences related with statical significance on the significance level ( a > 05) in strategic performance of the mining companies attributed to the variables (scientific qualification , scientific experience and administrative level ) .
The research recommended a number of recommendations, the most important; work on the application of the concept of operations re-engineering to increase its ability to ameliorate the strategic performance by supporting creators and motivating them , adopting their ideas , assigning them with works show their intellectual challenges and sharpen their spirit of creation , also encouraging them to be against the familiar from typical specific thinking to a thinking characterized by variety , authenticity and innovation , and changing the methods of work , its ways and its measures and increasing the attention to the human origin and work on acquiring it the appropriate technical skills which according to business requirements . In addition to the appropriate attention to raise this level and increase it. And that requires work on finding out their performance restrictions by doing more researches about this side and work on clearing it or decreasing it.
Keywords: re-engineering, administrative operations, strategic performance, strategic performance
How to cite this article:
Khaled ebdah.The effect of re-engineering of administrative operations on strategic performance. (Engistrative) Case study; Jordanian companies of mining. Global journal of Economics and Business Administration, 2017, 2: 2. DOI:10.28933/gjeba-2017-04-1801
1. Abu Bakr, Mustafa Mahmud (2000), “the evidence of strategic thinking and preparation of strategic plan”, University House for Publishing, Alexandria, Egypt.
2. AlKhalifa, Ziad Said, (2008),”Organizational culture and its role in raising the functional performance level”, unpublished master thesis, Naif Arab University for security science, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3. AlRAbiq, Mohamed (2004), “influential factors in the functional performance effectiveness of the security leaders- an applied research on internal officers in the authority of establishments’ security and special force for road safety”, unpublished master thesis, Naif Academy for security science, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
4. AlRifai, Mamduh Abdul-Aziz, (2006), “operations re-engineering, faculty of commerce, Ain-Shams University, Journal of commercial researches and studies”, available on the web site: www.dr-mamdouhrefaiy.com/book/e3adt_handast.doc, date of entry 1\9\2016
5. AlZaydaniiyn, Mohamed Matar, (2006), “the effect of administrative settlement on the application of the principles of total quality in Jordanian governmental and financial institutions”, unpublished master thesis, Mu’tah University, business administration faculty, Kark, Jordan.
6. Al Shahrani, Safia bent Mohamed bin Qassim,(2007), “re-engineering of the methods of university education to face the requirements of the information culture era, suggested model for UMM Al Qura University”, unpublished master thesis, UMM Al Qura University, Makah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
7. Al Sagheer, Fahd bin Mohamed, (2002), “organizational climate and its effect on the employees performance in security devices”, unpublished master thesis, Naif Arab University for security science, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
8. Al Safw, Riad Diaa’ Aziz (2009) “the elements of operations strategic and its effect on strategic performance” unpublished master thesis, Al Mosul University, Iraq.
9. Al Otaibi, Saad Marzuq and Al Hammali, Rashed Mohamed, (2004), “re-engineering of administrative operations (engistrative) in public sector, critical success factors”,, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, First national conference of quality, 17 may 2004- 28 rabii awal 1225 HGRI, P.15-26.
10. Abdul Hafiz, Ahmed Saleh, (2003), “practical reference to apply engistrative curriculum”, Dar Wael for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
11. Al Adaily, Nasser, (1995), “human and organizational behavior (comparative total perception)”, public administration institution, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
12. Al Qotb, Mohiuddin Yahiya Tawfiq, (2002), “strategic choice and its effect on achieving the competitive advantage”, unpublished doctorate thesis, faculty of administration and economics, Mustansiriya University, Iraq.
13. Al Louzi, Moussa, (2002), ” organizational development: new concepts and principals”, Dar Wael for Publishing and Distribution, Amman, Jordan.
14. Al Morsy, Jamaleddin and Thabet, Abdurrahman Idris, (2002), “organizational behavior: theories, models and practical application for behavior management in the organization”, University House for Publishing, Cairo, Egypt.
15. Burnes, Bernard, (2000), “Managing Change: A Strategic Approach to Organizational Dynamics”, 3rd edition, Harlow, England: Prentice Hall.
16. Bourne, Deboss, (2006(, “Reframing resistance to change experience from general motors Poland”, International journal of human resource management, vol.17, Issue 12.
17. Chiplunkar, Chandrashekhar, Deshmukh, S.G. & Chattopadhyay, R., (2008), “Application of Principles of Event Related Open Systems to Business Process Reengineering”, Computer & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 45, Issue 3, pp347-374.
18. Daft, R., A. (2001),”Organizational Behavior” (5th) Dryden Press. Harcourt College Publishers. USA
19. Effendi, Attia Hussein (2003) ” enablement of employees: entrance to continuous improvement and development”, Arabic organization for administrative development, Cairo, Egypt.
20. Francis, D & Kabir, H (2008) Reengineering Human Resources Management in University, Strategic Management Journal, Vol (28), No (12), pp: 1319–1350.
21. Glunk, U., & Wilderom, C., (2000), Organizational Effectiveness. www.stbtdc.org
22. Hussein, Salama Abdul Azim, (2009), “re-engineering revolution, new entrance to the education system”, New University House, Alex, Egypt.
23. Hanoon, Nadia Murad, (2010), “the degree of using the administrative re-engineering method in the practice of administrative operations in the governmental schools in the governorates of West Side, from the point of view of directors and directresses”, Islamic University journal (human studies series), Folder(16), number(1), P.713-755.
24. Hammer, M. and Champy, J. (1993), Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution, Harper Business, and New York, NY.
25. Hammer, M. and Stanton, A. (1995), the Re-engineering Revolution: Handbook, Harper Business, and New York, NY.
26. Harvey, Don & Brown, Donald R., (2001), an Experiential Approach to Organization Development, 6th Edition, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
27. Lockaby III, A. and Smith, W., (1997). A strategic alignment approach for effective business process reengineering: Linking strategy, processes and customers for competitive advantage. International Journal of Production Economics, Special Issue on Business Process Reengineering 50, pp. 141–153.
28. Khodairy, Ahmed Mohsen(2003), “Change administration: economic entrance to the administrative psychology to deal with the present variables to achieve perfection and excellence to the projects in the future”, “Al-Reda series for administrative development, Dar Al-Reda for Publishing. Damascus, Syria.
29. Khawaja, Majid Abdul-Aziz Eissa, (2008), “development of the model of re-engineering of administrative operations in the vocational training institution”, unpublished master thesis, Jordan, business administration faculty, Jordanian university.
30. Smith, Douglas, (2001), ” management of personal and performance change: principles, strategies, visions”, T (1), Translation: Abdul Hakim Ahmed AlKhozami, ITRAK for Printing and Publishing.
31. Morris, K. F. and Roben, C. S. (1995), ” The fundamentals of change management”, in Nadler, D. A., Shawm R. B., Walton, A. E. and Associates (Eds)m Discontinuous change: leading organizational transformation, Jossey Bass, San Francisco
32. Mische, K., & Bennis, W. (1996). Business process orientation: Gaining the Business competitive advantage. Delray Beach: St. Lucie Press
33. MacIntosh, R. (2003). BPR: Alive and well in the public sector. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 23(3), 327–344.
34. Naif, Asaad Qazzim, (2007), “relation between knowledge management and essential ability and its effect on strategic performance”, unpublished doctorate thesis, faculty of administration and economics, Mustansiriya University.
35. Noy, Taha Hussein, (2011), “technological development and its role in activating knowledge management in business organization: status of general directorate of Algeria telecom institution”, doctorate thesis, Algeria University 3, Algeria.
36. Olalla, N, (2005), Business process management: A review and evaluation. Journal of Information Management, Vol. (28), No (5),
37. Obeid, Abdul Salam Ibrahim, (2003), “philosophy of management of total quality and its effect on strategic performance”, unpublished doctorate thesis, faculty of administration and economics, Baghdad University.
38. Tang, K.H. and Zairi, M. (1998), benchmarking quality implementation in a service context: a comparative analysis of financial services and institutions of higher education. Part I. Total Quality Management, Vol.9, No.6, pp.407-20.
39. Tennat, C. (2005). The application of business process reengineering in the U.K. TQM Magazine, Vol (17), No (6),
40. Thomas, C, (1997), Business Process Reengineering, Myth & Reality, 3 rd Ed., Kogan. Page, London
41. Zureiqat, Khaled and AlKharsha, Yassin, (2010), ” the effect of organizational education on enhancing the dimensions of re-engineering of administrative operations (engistrative) in the Jordanian public institutions, Jordanian magazine of business administration, folder (8), number (3), P.124-141.
42. Zairi, M. (1997). Business process management: a boundary less approach to modern competitiveness. Business Process Management Journal, 3(1), 64 – 80