Research Article of Global journal of Economics and Business Administration
INFLUENCE OF E-GOVERNANCE ON BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Younes EL AMRANI, Abdeljalil LOUHMADI
The development of information and communication technologies has reached a level where their use in government is becoming not only expedient but also inevitable. The Internet and ICT have created the technical and technological foundation that can significantly improve the efficiency of public administration, provide businesses and citizens with access to necessary information, simplify bureaucratic procedures and reduce the time for decision making. This article describes the new conditions in which the business is developing. The article presents the features of the interaction of e-government and business, the impact of e-government on the development of the economy as a whole. The authors analyzed the process of development of technologies for e-government. They reformulate the term “e-government” based on the definitions presented in the literature. The authors identified the tasks that are solved by means of e-government. Also, the authors set up indicators for evaluating the effectiveness of the e-government. Finally, the structure of the quality standard for e-government services was suggested. The implementation of the e-government demonstrates advantages for the further development of the economic sector and whole state in general.
Keywords: INFLUENCE, E-GOVERNANCE, BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
How to cite this article:
Younes EL AMRANI, Abdeljalil LOUHMADI. INFLUENCE OF E-GOVERNANCE ON BUSINESS AND ECONOMY. Global journal of Economics and Business Administration, 2019, 3:20. DOI: 10.28933/gjeba-2019-06-0705
1. Garson D. Public Information Technology and E-governance: Managing the Virtual State. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2006. P. 263.
2. Seifret J.W. A Primer on E-Government: Sectors, Stages, Opportunities, and Challenges of Online Governance. Congressional Research Service; The Library of Congress. January 28, 2003. P. 9–12.
3. De los Santos, B. Consumer search on the Internet (2018) International Journal of Industrial Organization, 58, pp. 66-105.
4. Di Fatta, D., Patton, D., Viglia, G. The determinants of conversion rates in SME e-commerce websites (2018) Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 41, pp. 161-168.
5. Fatonah, S., Yulandari, A., Wibowo, F.W. A Review of E-Payment System in E-Commerce. (2018) Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1140 (1), art № 012033.
6. Holland, C.P., Gutiérrez-Leefmans, M. A Taxonomy of SME E-Commerce Platforms Derived from a Market-Level Analysis (2018) International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 22 (2), pp. 161-201.
7. Kim, D., Ammeter, A.P. Shifts in online consumer behavior: A preliminary investigation of the net generation (2018) Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 13 (1), pp. 1-25.
8. McLean, G., Al-Nabhani, K., Wilson, A. Developing a Mobile Applications Customer Experience Model (MACE)- Implications for Retailers (2018) Journal of Business Research, 85, pp. 325-336.
9. Oláh, J., Kitukutha, N., Haddad, H., Pakurár, M., Máté, D., Popp, J. Achieving sustainable e-commerce in environmental, social and economic dimensions by taking possible trade-offs
2. (2018) Sustainability (Switzerland), 11 (1), art № 89, .
10. Palopoli, L., Rosaci, D., Sarné, G.M.L. A distributed and multi-tiered software architecture for assessing e-Commerce recommendations (2016) Concurrency Computation, 28 (18), pp. 4507-4531.
11. Qin Hu, L., Liu, H., Zou, X. An Evaluation of the User Experience on C2C Online Short-Term Rentals (2018) IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 199 (3), art № 032001.
12. Aulkemeier, F., Paramartha, M.A., Iacob, M.-E., van Hillegersberg, J. A pluggable service platform architecture for e-commerce (2016) Information Systems and e-Business Management, 14 (3), pp. 469-489.
13. Chou, Y.-C., Chuang, H.H.-C., Shao, B.B.M. The impact of e-retail characteristics on initiating mobile retail services: A modular innovation perspective (2016) Information and Management, 53 (4), pp. 481-492.
14. Gefen, D., Straub, D.W. Consumer trust in B2C e-Commerce and the importance of social presence: Experiments in e-Products and e-Services (2004) Omega, 32 (6), pp. 407-424.
15. Hepp, M. GoodRelations: An ontology for describing products and services offers on the web (2008) Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 5268 LNAI, pp. 329-346.
16. Jøsang, A., Ismail, R., Boyd, C. A survey of trust and reputation systems for online service provision (2007) Decision Support Systems, 43 (2), pp. 618-644. Цитировано 2032 раз.
17. Li, Y., Shu, C., Xiong, L. Information services platform of international trade based on E-commerce (2011) Advances in Information Sciences and Service Sciences, 3 (1), pp. 78-86.
18. Sun, Z., Lau, S.K. Customer experience management in E-services (2007) Studies in Computational Intelligence, 37, pp. 365-388.
19. Xu, X., Munson, C.L., Zeng, S. The impact of e-service offerings on the demand of online customers (2017) International Journal of Production Economics, 184, pp. 231-244.
20. Ahmad, A., Rahman, O., Khan, M.N. Consumer’s Perception of Website Service Quality: An Empirical Study (2016) Journal of Internet Commerce, 15 (2), pp. 125-141.
21. Ahmad, A., Khan, M.N. Developing a Website Service Quality Scale: A Confirmatory Factor Analytic Approach (2017) Journal of Internet Commerce, 16 (1), pp. 104-126.
22. Collier, J.E., Bienstock, C.C. Measuring service quality in E-retailing (2006) Journal of Service Research, 8 (3), pp. 260-275.
23. Cox, J., Dale, B.G. Service quality and e-commerce: An exploratory analysis (2001) Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 11 (2), pp. 121-131.
24. Janda, S., Trocchia, P.J., Gwinner, K.P. Consumer perceptions of Internet retail service quality (2002) International Journal of Service Industry Management, 13 (5), pp. 412-431.
25. Santos, J. E-service quality: A model of virtual service quality dimensions (2003) Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 13 (3), pp. 233-246.
26. Zhao, G., Qian, X., Lei, X., Mei, T. Service Quality Evaluation by Exploring Social Users’ Contextual Information (2016) IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 28 (12), pp. 3382-3394.
27. Barrutia, J.M., Gilsanz, A. Electronic Service Quality and Value: Do Consumer Knowledge-Related Resources Matter? (2013) Journal of Service Research, 16 (2), pp. 231-246.
28. Bressolles, G., Durrieu, F. A typology of online consumers of wine websites based on electronic service quality’s dimensions (2008) Proceedings – International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, DEXA, статья № 4624763, pp. 479-484.
29. Chaparro-Peláez, J., Hernández-García, Á., Urueña-López, A. The role of emotions and trust in service recovery in business-to-consumer electronic commerce (2015) Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 10 (2), pp. 77-90.
30. Kivijärvi, M., Laukkanen, T., Cruz, P. Consumer trust in electronic service consumption: A cross-cultural comparison between Finland and Portugal (2007) Journal of Euromarketing, 16 (3), pp. 51-65.
31. Sullivan, J.R., Walstrom, K.A. Consumer perspectives on service quality of electronic commerce Web sites (2001) Journal of Computer Information Systems, 41 (3), pp. 8-14.
32. Heeks, R., Bailur, S. Analyzing e-government research: Perspectives, philosophies, theories, methods, and practice (2007) Government Information Quarterly, 24 (2), pp. 243-265.
33. Layne, K., Lee, J. Developing fully functional E-government: A four stage model (2001) Government Information Quarterly, 18 (2), pp. 122-136.
34. Petter, G., Solli-Sæther, H. Stages of e-government interoperability (2008) Electronic Government, 5 (3), pp. 310-320.
35. Reddick, C.G. A two-stage model of e-government growth: Theories and empirical evidence for U.S. cities (2004) Government Information Quarterly, 21 (1), pp. 51-64.
36. Siau, K., Long, Y. Synthesizing e-government stage models – A meta-synthesis based on meta-ethnography approach (2005) Industrial Management and Data Systems, 105 (4), pp. 443-458.
37. Yildiz, M. E-government research: Reviewing the literature, limitations, and ways forward
3. (2007) Government Information Quarterly, 24 (3), pp. 646-665.
38. Gaardboe, R., Sandalgaard, N., Sudzina, F. The importance of task compatibility for web-enabled Business Intelligence success in e-government (2017) ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, pp. 353-357.
39. Hashim, H., Lin, A., Foster, J. Barriers surrounding e-government implementation: A case study of Government to Business (G2B) system (2017) Communication, Management and Information Technology – Proceedings of the International Conference on Communication, Management and Information Technology, ICCMIT 2016, pp. 295-298.
40. Lee, J., Kim, H.J., Ahn, M.J. The willingness of e-Government service adoption by business users: The role of offline service quality and trust in technology (2011) Government Information Quarterly, 28 (2), pp. 222-230.
41. Morgeson III, F.V., Mithas, S. Does E-Government measure up to E-Business? Comparing end user perceptions of U.S. federal government and e-business web sites (2009) Public Administration Review, 69 (4), pp. 740-752.
42. Ntaliani, M., Costopoulou, C. E-Government for Lowering Administrative Burden: An Empirical Research on European Rural Businesses (2018) International Journal of Public Administration, 41 (9), pp. 700-711.
43. Pinem, A.A., Immanuella, I.M., Hidayanto, A.N., Phusavat, K., Meyliana Trust and its impact towards continuance of use in government-to-business online service 2018) Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, 12 (3-4), pp. 265-285.
44. Raus, M., Liu, J., Kipp, A. Evaluating IT innovations in a business-to-government context: A framework and its applications (2010) Government Information Quarterly, 27 (2), pp. 122-133.
45. Scholl, H.J. E-government: A special case of ICT-enabled business process change (2003) Proceedings of the 36th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS 2003, статья № 1174309, 12 p.
46. Srivastava, S.C., Teo, T.S.H. E-government, e-business, and national economic performance (2010) Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 26 (1), pp. 267-286.
47. Carter, L., Bélanger, F. The utilization of e-government services: Citizen trust, innovation and acceptance factors (2005) Information Systems Journal, 15 (1), pp. 5-25.
48. Chadwick, A., May, C. Interaction between states and citizens in the age of the Internet: “e-government” in the United States, Britain, and the European Union (2003) Governance, 16 (2), pp. 271-300.
49. Thomas, J.C., Streib, G. The New Face of Government: Citizen-Initiated Contacts in the Era of E-Government (2003) Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 13 (1), pp. 83-102.
50. Welch, E.W., Hinnant, C.C., Moon, M.J. Linking citizen satisfaction with e-government and trust in government (2005) Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 15 (3), pp. 371-391.
51. West, D.M. E-Government and the Transformation of Service Delivery and Citizen Attitudes (2004) Public Administration Review, 64 (1), pp. 15-27.