Research Article of Global journal of Economics and Business Administration
PEST Analysis of Development Trend in China’s Online Drug Retail Market under the “Internet Plus” Strategy
Beier Chen，Feng Chang
China Pharmaceutical University
Objective: to probe the current situation of the online drug retail market in China, so as to provide reference for the future development direction of the market.
Method: through big data, to establish PEST model and analysis the current situation of the online drug retail market in China from the four dimensions of politics, economic, society and technology.
Results and Conclusion: at present, the policy environment of China’s online drug retail market is good, the number of pharmaceutical e-commerce enterprises will continue to increase and the scale of market size will grow. Although there are still problems such as insufficient purchasing power of consumers, uneven regional development, imperfect payment method and distribution system and so on, with the continuous promotion of “Internet Plus” strategy and benign competition in the market, China’s online drug retail market will develop rapidly. With the promotion of “Internet Plus” strategy in China, relying on network technology, drug market is closely liked to e-commerce activities, and the online drug retail market has become an important form of drug sales. By collecting and analyzing big data, establishing PEST model and probing the current situation of China’s online drug retail market from four dimensions, this paper provide the direction for the future of the online drug retail market in China.
Keywords: Online Drug Retail Market; Strategy
How to cite this article:
Beier Chen, Feng Chang. PEST Analysis of Development Trend in China’s Online Drug Retail Market under the “Internet Plus” Strategy. Global journal of Economics and Business Administration, 2020, 4:22. DOI: 10.28933/gjeba-2020-01-0505
1. Hong gang. On Perfecting the Supervision System of Online Drug Sale in China [J]. China pharmaceutical affairs, 2017 (05): 467.
2. Xu guo. Dilemma and change of prescription drugs [J]. China pharmacy, 2014.
3. Chen qijun, Hu Ming, Jiang xuehua. Investigation and analysis of the operation status of online drugstores in China [J]. China pharmacy, 2010 (45): 4315.
4. Wan hengxing. Research on the Factors Influencing Consumer Trust in Online Pharmacies. [D]. Henan University, Kaifeng, 2014
5. Zhao huafeng. Mode of Medical E-commerce Logistics and Distribution-Taking A Company South China University of Technology [D]. east China university of science and technology, 2014. p 45.
6. Yang dixiao. Current Situation and Thinking of Drug Retailing under “Internet Plus” strategy Industrial & Science Tribune [J]. Industry and technology forum, 2016(23): 18.
7. Chen ying, Liu haiyan, Jin qi, et al. PEST analysis and development strategy research of online pharmacies in China [J]. Shanghai Medical & Pharmaceutical Journal, 2015(17): 58.
8. Chen hongzhong, Wang fang. Current Status, Development and Standardization of Internet Drug Trading Service [J]. Chinese Journal of Rational Drug Use, 2017 (06):76.
9. Guo Yang, liu huazi. Internet + medicine: medicine B2C is ready to develop [J]. The Internet Economy, 2016 (03): 73