Research article of Global journal of Economics and Business Administration
The effect of Import Solid Waste Ban on China’s Economy and Environment based on Grey Prediction Model
Boying Lv1*, Botao Liu1, Yishuai Tian1，Wanting Zheng2
1College of Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering, China Three Gorges University, Yichang 443002, China. 2College of Electrical Engineering & New Energy, China Three Gorges University, Yichang, 443002, China.
In order to explore the impact of imported solid waste ban on China’s economy and environment, a grey prediction model was established in this paper. GDP, comprehensive income from the utilization of waste resources, the number of imported solid waste treatment enterprises, and the discharge of polluting waste gas and waste water were selected as the indicators to measure the economy and environment. The model was used to predict the data of the unreal garbage ban and compare it with the data after the actual implementation, and get the proportion of the impact on China’s economy and environment after the introduction of the policy. The results showed that before and after the promulgation of the ban on foreign waste, China’s environmental pollution had improved significantly, the total exhaust gas emissions have been reduced by 34.1%, and the number of imported waste enterprises had decreased by 66.1%, stimulating the rise of the domestic waste utilization industry, and the overall domestic economy had grown steadily.
Keywords: Grey Prediction; Import solid waste ban; Chinese economy and environment
How to cite this article:
Boying Lv, Botao Liu, Yishuai Tian, Wanting Zheng. The effect of Import Solid Waste Ban on China’s Economy and Environment Based on Grey Prediction Model. Global journal of Economics and Business Administration, 2020; 5:30. DOI:10.28933/gjeba-2020-04-1005
1. The most stringent ban on foreign waste in history has been implemented for one year: forcing China’s recycled plastics industry to upgrade. Resource Saving and Environmental Protection, 2018 (08): page 1.
2. Xuechen Wang. China’s decision to ban foreign waste for one year affects the global solid waste treatment system [J]. Resource Recycling, 2018 (09): p. 1215.
3. With the ban on “imported solid waste”, how should China’s recycling industry move forward [J]? China Petroleum and Chemical Economic Analysis, 2019 (04): 1.
4. Bin Zhang, Liping Li and Li Zhang. Study on the economic impact of measures to ban imported solid waste entry– take unsorted waste paper as an example[J]. Environmental Protection, 2018 (23): 64-68.
5. Qianwen Sun, China’s ban on imported solid waste promotes a new pattern of global garbage trade [J]. Financial Economics, 2019 (12): 135-136.
6. Bo Zeng. Grey Prediction Modeling Technology Research [D]. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2012.
7. Yi Lu. Research and Application of Grey Prediction Model [D]. Zhejiang University of Technology, 2014.
8. Mingyu Tong. Grey Modeling method and its Application in Prediction [D]. Chongqing University, 2016.