Review article of Global Journal of Library and Information Science
SIGNIFICANCE OF LIBRARY EDUCATION ON LIBRARY PATRONAGE AMONG EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT
Ekiti-State University Library
This paper discussed the role of library education on library patronage among Ekiti State university students. The study is based on personal experiment on student within the library, and their optimal usage of library materials both electronic and print materials. This paper as well reviews some documentation on library education and it impacts through, faculty library head reports on student head counts during library opening hour and the report on materials consulted by all students. It also embraces the report of introduction techniques and other services rendered by the school management in inculcating the “use of library and study skills” as a course of study for all new students to stress the importance of effectively and efficiently usage of available library materials for better academic performance. Educational performance evaluation report on student from four faculties within the university was also a secondary data used in this paper.
Keywords: Library education (LB), Library Patronage (LP), Information, Patron.
How to cite this article:
Oluwabunmi Ogunleye.SIGNIFICANCE OF LIBRARY EDUCATION ON LIBRARY PATRONAGE AMONG EKITI STATE.Global Journal of Library and Information Science, 2019, 2:17.
1. Boyce, B.W (1994). The death of library education. America Libraries, 25(3): 257-260.
2. Budd, R.W (1992). A new library school of thought. Library Journal, 117(8): 44-47.
3. Emmanuel, A.O (2004). Issues in library and library science. Tonybenpublishers, Oweri.(7):112-119.
4. Faculty of Arts Library heads reports on head count and materials consulted during May15 2017 to July 28 2019.
5. GST112 Examination performance evaluation report by four faculties for 2018/2019 section.
7. Kasowitz-scheer, A. &Pasqualoni,M. (2002) Information literacy instruction in higher education: Trends and issues. Eric Digest. Retrieved from http://surface.syr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1032&context=sul.Accessed3rdFeb,2017.
8. Lorenzen,M.(2003). Encouraging community in the library instruction: A Jigsaw experiment in a university library skills classroom. Illinois Libraries 85(1): 5-14.
9. Nwalo, K.I.N (2003) Fundamentals of library practice: a manual of library routines Ibadan. Stir-Horden Publishers.P.33
10. Okiy, R.B (2015). History of libraries.2nd Edition.AmbikPress, Benin City.(11):205-267.
11. Onwubiko, E.C.N, Uzoigwe, C.U.(2004) Library: home of knowledge.HRV Publishers, Enugu.P.45.
12. Opara, U.M.(2001) Guide to the use of libaraies. Evicoleman, Ibadan. P.11
13. Uhegbu, A.N (2007). The information user: Issues and themes. WhytemPublishers, Nigeria.(9):147-158.