Review Article of Global Journal of Nursing
NURSE’S PERSPECTIVE ON THE RECEPTION AND COPING WITH MENTAL DISORDERS: AN INTEGRATIVE LITERATURE REVIEW
Maria Assunção da Silva Lemos¹* Milena Pereira da Silva² Aluska Mirtes de Queiroz³
¹Graduanda em Enfermagem pelo Centro Universitário São Miguel; ²Graduanda em Enfermagem pelo Centro Universitário São Miguel; ³Enfermeira. Mestre em Educação em Saúde-UFPE.
INTRODUCTION: The inclusion of Mental Health in primary care refers to actions in the Family Health Program (PSF), currently called Family Health Strategy (FHS), which has been consolidated as a strategy for reorganizing the health care system in Brazil. Its work is based on promotion, prevention and health education, working in a multidisciplinary and integrated approach to the community (2).
OBJECTIVE: To identify what is the perspective that nurses have on welcoming and coping with mental disorders according to the literature.
METHODOLOGY: This is a study that uses the integrative literature review as its method, which aims to contribute to the knowledge of Nursing in the area of Mental Health.
RESULTS: A total of 7 articles were found, 3 of which were listed to compose this study. LILACS and BDENF were used as the basis for this study, as they were more feasible, as well as Brazilian technical-scientific references in nursing that include renowned journals in the health area.
CONCLUSION: However, it can be identified that the nurse has a very important role in the care of these people with mental disorders who are treated in Primary Health Care. He also highlighted that there are still many professionals in their practices, which are based on welcoming, humanizing and dispensing medication. In addition, it is necessary for nurses to work together with the other professionals in order to exchange information in order to improve the patient.
Keywords: Nursing, Mental Disorders, Reception.
How to cite this article:
Maria Assunção da Silva Lemos Milena Pereira da Silva, Aluska Mirtes de Queiroz. NURSE’S PERSPECTIVE ON THE RECEPTION AND COPING WITH MENTAL DISORDERS: AN INTEGRATIVE LITERATURE REVIEW. Global Journal of Nursing , 2020, 3:12. DOI: 10.28933/gjn-2020-02-1005
1. BRAZIL LAW No. 10.216, OF 6 APRIL, 2001. Available at: http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/leis/leis_2001/l10216.htm>
2. GONÇALVES, D. M., KAPCZINSKI, F. Prevalence of Mental Disorders in individuals in a reference unit for the Family Health Program in Santa Catarina Cruz do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Cad Saude Publica. v.24, n.9, p: 2043-53, 2008. Available: < http://www.scielo.br/pdf/csp/v24n9/10.pdf>
3. SCHRANK, G., OLSCHOWSKY, A. The Psychosocial Attention Center and the strategies for the insertion of the family. Rev Esc Enferm USP. v.42, n.1, p: 127-34, 2008. Available: <http://www.scielo.br/pdf/reeusp/v42n1/17.pdf>
4. LIMA, I.C.S. et. al. The psychosocial attention center in the view of the family caregiver. R.pesq.: founding care. (Supplementary Ed.): 45-51, 2011. Available: <http://www.seer.unirio.br/index.php/cuidadofundamental/article/download/1945/pdf_521>
5. RIBEIRO, L.M. et. al. Mental health and nursing in the family health strategy: how are nurses working? Rev Esc Enferm USP. v.44, n.2, p: 376-82, 2010. Available at: <http://www.scielo.br/pdf/reeusp/v44n2/19.pdf>
6. WAIDMAN, M.A.P, COSTA, B., PAIANO, M. Perceptions and performance of the Community Health Agent in mental health. Rev Esc Enferm USP. v.46, n.5, p: 1170-1177, 2012. Available: <http://www.scielo.br/pdf/reeusp/v46n5/19.pdf >
7. MOLL M.F., MENDES A.C., VENTURA C. A. A., MENDES I.A.C. Nursing care and the exercise of human rights: An analysis from reality in Portugal. Anna Nery School 20(2) Apr-Jun 2016 Available: <http://www.scielo.br/pdf/ean/v20n2/1414-8145-ean-20-02-0236.pdf>
8. MERCES A. M. F., SOUZA B. M. L., SILVA T. L., SILVA T. T. M., CAVALCANTI A. M. T. S. Mental health nursing practices in the family health strategy: an integrative review. Cogitare Enferm. 2015 Apr/Jun; 20(2):417-25. Available: https://revistas.ufpr.br/cogitare/article/download/38560/25553
9. CASSIAN A. N. C., SILVA D. A. Perception of nurses when dealing with people with borderline disorders. Nursing (São Paulo), 19(220): 1381-1385, sept, 2016. Available: <https://cepein.femanet.com.br/BDigital/arqPics/1111370440P552.pdf >
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.