Research Article of Global Journal of Nursing
Construction of Quality Assessment Indicator System for Respiratory Rehabilitation Nursing
Hui Wang1, Shaoyu Mou1,*, Chunyan Diao2, Yanqiong Zhao2, Lian Xiang3
1School of Nursing, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China;
2Rehabilitation Branch, Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Three Gorges Medical College, Wanzhou 404120, China;
3Rehabilitation Branch, Chongqing Three Gorges Central Hospital, Wanzhou, 404000, China.
Objective: In order to provide an effective method for the comprehensive and scientific evaluation of respiratory rehabilitation nursing, a nursing quality evaluation index system for respiratory rehabilitation was constructed.
Methods: Based on the theory of structure-process-outcome three-dimensional quality model, indexes and weights of respiratory rehabilitation nursing quality evaluation at all levels were determined by using literature review, semi-structured interviews, Delphi method, and Analytic Hierarchy Process.
Results: The response rates of the two rounds consultation were 100% and 93% respectively, and the authority coefficients of experts are 0.872 and 0.922. The coordination coefficients of expert opinions were 0.583, 0.498, 0.407 for the first, second and third-level respectively. The significance test value P was less than 0.01. The final indicator system is constructed with 3 first-level indicators, 9 second-level indicators, and 46 third-level indicators.
Conclusion: The constructed respiratory rehabilitation nursing quality evaluation index system is not only reliable, scientific, comprehensive, and but also with outstanding specialty characteristics. It provides an effective strategy to improve respiratory rehabilitation nursing quality.
Keywords: Respiratory Rehabilitation; Nursing Quality; Delphi Technique; Quality Evaluation
How to cite this article:
Hui Wang, Shaoyu Mou, Chunyan Diao, Yanqiong Zhao, Lian Xiang. Construction of Quality Assessment Indicator System for Respiratory Rehabilitation Nursing. Global Journal of Nursing , 2020, 3:15. DOI: 10.28933/gjn-2020-02-2206
1. You L, Wu Y. Medical Nursing. People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing 2014.
2. Pan H, Huang Q, Xu Z, et al. Pulmonary rehabilitation nursing for ventilator-dependent patient after lung transplantation. J Nurs Sci, 2018, 33(14): 39-41.
3. Liu H, Qian H, Qiao Y, Liu X, Du Y. Application and effect of home-based pulmonary rehabilitation on frailty in elderly COPD patients during the stable phase. Chin J Nurs, 2016, 51(10): 1250-1255.
4. Zheng Z, Hu J, Liu N. Progress in the research of respiratory rehabilitation therapy. Chin J Pract Int Med, 2018, 38(5): 393-396.
5. Dowman LM, Mcdonald CF, Hill CJ, et al. The evidence of benefits of exercise training in interstitial lung disease: a randomised controlled trial. Thorax, 2017, 72(7): 610-619.
6. Vagvolgyi A, Rozgonyi Z, Kerti M, et al. Effectiveness of pulmonary rehabilita- tion and correlations In between functional parameters, extent of thoracic surgery and severity of post-operative complications: randomized clinical trial. J Thorac Dis, 2018, 10(6): 3519-3531.
7. Donabedian A. Quality assurance, structure, process and outcome. Nurs Stand, 1992, 7(11): 4-5.
8. Fan J, Han S, Cheng J, et al. Study on applying Delphi method for job description of grading nursing decision nurse. Chin Nurs Res, 2015, 26(5C): 1369-1371.
9. Li D, Qian H, Zhu J. Construction of Hospital PICC nursing quality evaluation index system. Chin Nurs Management, 2013, 13(10): 48-51.
10. Cui, Chen Y, Xu R, et al. Development of a nursing-sensitive quality indicator system in respiratory medicine department. Chin J Nurs, 2016, 51(11): 1285-1291.
11. Chen B, Chen Y, Guo X, Shi Y. Research progress on screening methods of nursing quality evaluation indicators. Chin Nurs Res, 2013, 27(12): 3843-3845.
12. Chen Y. Design and application of nursing care quality indicators. Chin Nurs Management, 2014, 14 (12): 1240- 1243.
13. Qin J, Gao Y, Liu Na, et al. Investigation and analysis of patients’ expectation of core competence of rehabilitation nurses. Chin J Convalescent Med, 2016, 25(3): 334-336.
14. Qin J, Ma X, Wang Y, et al. The development of core competence evaluation system of trauma rehabilitation specialist nurses using Delphi method. J Nurs Admin, 2016, 16(7): 470-472.
15. He Z, Zhao H. Characteristics and management of Lung function in patients with spinal cord injuryn (review). Chin J Rehabil Theory Pract, 2015, 21(4): 441-444.
16. Li F, Chen X. Ａ review of home-based pulmonary rehabilitation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Nurs Sci, 2016, 31(11): 105-109.
17. Li S. The illness perception in COPD patients and influencing factors research. Peking Union Medical College, 2016