Research article of International Journal of Communications and Networks
Traffic Evaluation Model of the Opening Road in Residential area based on VISSIM simulation
Boying Lv1*, Guozhi Li1, Tianlong Wang2, Yishuai Tian1
1College of Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering, China Three Gorges University, Yichang 443002, China. 2College of Civil Engineering & Architecture, China Three Gorges University, Yichang, 443002, China.
With the increasing urban road traffic pressure in closed residential areas, the problem of road patency in residential areas has become a hot topic. This paper established a traffic evaluation Model of the opening community based on VISSIM simulation. We constructed different types of residential areas, and compared the impact on traffic after opening different kinds of areas. With the analytic hierarchy process, we selected ten important indicators from three aspects. Then, the parameters of the road structure were put in the VISSIM simulation, and quantitatively analyze the impact of various types of residential areas opening. The results showed that changing the traffic rules at the intersection of the community has the greatest improvement in traffic capacity, reaching 89%. The influence of increasing the internal road and changing the external road structure of the city is more visible, reaching about 60%. The overall opening-up policy should be suitable for different localities.
Keywords: Community opening; VISSIM; Traffic network; AHP
How to cite this article:
Boying Lv, Guozhi Li, Tianlong Wa-ng, Yishuai Tian. Traffic Evaluation Model of the Opening Road in Residential area based on VISSIM simulation. International Journal of Communications and Networks, 2020; 3:9. DOI: 10.28933/ijcn-2020-05-1205
1. Some opinions of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council on further strengthening the management of urban planning and con-struction[J]. Residence industry,2016(08):1-4.
2. Wenjuan Xu et al. Econometric Analysis of the Influence of Opening the Community on Traffic Capacity Based on DEA[J]. Journal of Ningxia University (Natural Science Edition), 2017.38 (02): 167-172.
3. Ding et al. Detecting the urban traffic network structure dynamics through the growth and analysis of multi-layer networks[J]. PHYSICA A-STATISTICAL MECHANICS AND ITS APPLI-CATIONS, 2018. 503: p. 800-817.
4. Tian, Jing, et al. Network-scape metric analysis: a new approach for the pattern analysis of ur-ban road networks[J]. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 2019, 33(3-4):537-566.
5. Ning Liu, Shengchuan Zhao, et al. Study of road resistance function based on BPR function[J]. Journal of Wuhan University of Technology (Traffic Science and Engineering Edition), 2013.37 (03): 545-548.
6. Chunfu Shao. The key problems and counter-measures in the development of urban trans-portation in China[J]. Journal of Beijing Jiaotong University, 2016.40 (04): 32-36.
7. Bai Wen and Zhang Xiuyan. Evaluation of Traf-fic opening effect of closed Community– based on AHP Fuzzy Comprehensive Evaluation method[J]. Management Watch, 2017 (24): 56-60: 64.
8. Gong Changhui, et al. Based on the analysis of the opening effect of different types of residen-tial areas[J]. China’s Collective economy, 2017 (06): 3-4.