Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Death On Campus: A Case Report Of A Student Stabbed During Election On Campus
Omotoso J Ayodele1, Irabor I Godstime1, Ekpe E Lawson2, Odusolu O Patience3, Nnoli A Martin1, Egbe E Eja4
1Department of Pathology, University of Calabar, Calabar
2Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Calabar, Calabar
3Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Calabar, Calabar
4Department of Anatomy, University of Calabar, Calabar
Homicide from stabbing is the commonest cause of death all over the world and unwholesome activities such as cultism usually result into this in university environment. We present a case of 23 year old undergraduate who was murdered during election within the school premises. He sustained a deep laceration into the chest cavity with injuring to the main vessels resulting in massive internal bleeding, hypovolemic shock and irreversible organ failure and death. All hands must be on deck to prevent unnecessary death on our campuses.
Keywords: Death, on Campus, Case Report, Stabbed, Election on Campus
How to cite this article:
Omotoso J Ayodele, Irabor I Godstime, Ekpe E Lawson, Odusolu O Patience, Nnoli A Martin, Egbe E Eja. Death on Campus: a Case Report of a Student Stabbed During Election on Campus. International Journal of Case Reports, 2017 1:5. DOI:10.28933/ijcr-2017-03-1301
1. Nandy A. “Mechanical Injuries In: Principles of Forensic Medicine. 3rd edition. Kolkota: New Central Book Agency; 2010. p.330-381.
2. Asma Begun et al; “A case Report on Stab Injury” Delta Med Col J. Jan 2014; 2(1) pp. 36-38
3. Reddy KSN. Mechanical Injuries. In: essentials of forensic medicine and Toxicology. 27th edition. Hyderabad: Mohan Printers; 2007. Pp. 169
4. Singh VP, Sharma BR, Harish D, Vij K. “A Critical Analysis of Stab wound on the Chest – A Case Report, JIAFM. 2004; 26(2): 77-79
5. Swann IJ, MacMillan R, Waston AA. A study of Stab Wounds. Arch Emerg Med. 1985 March:2(1):31-36
6. I. A Ajayi, Haastrup T. Ekundayo and F.M. Osalusi. “Menance of Cultism in Tertiary Institutions: The Way Out” Anthropologist, 12(3): 155-160 (2010).
7. Fatile, Jacob O, Adejuwon, Kehinde D. “Conflict and conflict Management in Tertiary Institutions: The Case of Nigerian Universities”. European Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 7, No.1 (Special Issue) 2011.