Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
COVID19 infection revealed chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase: A case report
Khaldun obeidat1, Mohamed aboukamar2, Mohamed A Yassin3
1.Department of medical education HMC
2.Department of infectious diseases, HMC
3.Department of medical oncology NCCCR, HMC
COVID-19 outbreak has been a serious threat and it has been reported with different presentations and complications, here we report a 39 year old healthy male who presented with respiratory symptoms and investigation revealed that he is positive for SARS-CoV-2 and work up for Leukocytosis confirmed the diagnosis of CML.
Keywords: COVID 19, SARS-CoV-2, CML, first presentation
How to cite this article:
Khaldun obeidat,Mohamed aboukamar, Mohamed A Yassin. COVID19 infection revealed chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase: A case report . International Journal of Case Reports, 2020 4:149. DOI: 10.28933/ijcr-2020-07-0706
1. “Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)—Symptoms and causes”. Mayo Clinic. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
2. A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin. Zhou P, Yang XL, Wang XG, Hu B, Zhang L, Zhang W, Si HR, Zhu Y, Li B, Huang CL, Chen HD, Chen J, Luo Y, Guo H, Jiang RD, Liu MQ, Chen Y, Shen XR, Wang X, Zheng XS, Zhao K, Chen QJ, Deng F, Liu LL, Yan B, Zhan FX, Wang YY, Xiao GF, Shi ZL
4. Turkina, A., Wang, J., Mathews, V., Saydam, G., Jung, C.W., Al Hashmi, H.H., Yassin, M., Le Clanche, S., Miljkovic, D., Slader, C. and Hughes, T.P. (2020), TARGET: a survey of real‐world management of chronic myeloid leukaemia across 33 countries. Br J Haematol. doi:10.1111/bjh.16599
6. Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Presenting as Acute ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Siddamreddy S1, Thotakura R2, Dandu V3, Kanuru S4,5, Meegada S6.
7. A first case of meningitis/encephalitis associated with SARS-Coronavirus-2. Moriguchi T1, Harii N2, Goto J3, Harada D3, Sugawara H3, Takamino J3, Ueno M3, Sakata H3, Kondo K3, Myose N3, Nakao A4, Takeda M5, Haro H6, Inoue O7, Suzuki-Inoue K8, Kubokawa K9, Ogihara S10, Sasaki T8, Kinouchi H11, Kojin H12, Ito M12, Onishi H13, Shimizu T13, Sasaki Y13, Enomoto N14, Ishihara H15, Furuya S12, Yamamoto T12, Shimada S16.
8. Guillain-Barré Syndrome associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection. Virani A1, Rabold E1, Hanson T2, Haag A2, Elrufay R3, Cheema T1, Balaan M1, Bhanot N3.
9. Yassin MA, Taher A, Mathews V, Hou HA, Shamsi T, Tuğlular TF, Xiao Z, Kim SJ, Depei W, Li J, Rippin G. MERGE: a multinational, multicenter observational registry for myeloproliferative neoplasms in Asia, including Middle East, Turkey, and Algeria. Cancer Medicine. 2020 Apr 30.
10. Abdalhadi AM, Alshurafa A, Alkhatib M, Abou Kamar M, Yassin MA. Confirmed Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19) in a Male with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Complicated by Febrile Neutropenia and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Case Reports in Oncology. 2020;13(2):569-77
11. Scarfò L, Chatzikonstantinou T, Rigolin GM, Quaresmini G, Motta M, Vitale C, Garcia-Marco JA, Hernández-Rivas JÁ, Mirás F, Baile M, Marquet J. COVID-19 severity and mortality in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a joint study by ERIC, the European Research Initiative on CLL, and CLL Campus. Leukemia. 2020 Jul 9:1-0.
12. Al-Dewik NI, Morsi HM, Samara MM, Ghasoub RS, Gnanam CC, Bhaskaran SK, Nashwan AJ, Al-Jurf RM, Ismail MA, AlSharshani MM, AlSayab AA. Is adherence to imatinib mesylate treatment among patients with chronic myeloid leukemia associated with better clinical outcomes in Qatar?. Clinical Medicine Insights: Oncology. 2016 Jan;10:CMO-S32822.
13. Al-Dewik NI, Jewell AP, Yassin MA, El-Ayoubi HR, Morsi HM. Molecular monitoring of patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in the state of Qatar: optimization of techniques and response to imatinib. QScience Connect. 2014 Mar 1;2014(1):24.