Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Hormone Receptor Expression in Non Cancer Breast Lesions
Arcot Rekha, Vimal Chander, Arihanth Ravichandran, Chitra S
Saveetha medical College, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Thandalam.
Background Estrogen receptors (ER), Progesterone receptors (PR) expression is seen in non cancer breast lesions like juvenile fibroadenomas and phyllodes tumor.
Materials and Methods This is a prospective study on a study population that comprised fibroadenomas and phyllodes tumor.
Results While a few studies indicate that ER/PR expression correlates with a more benign outcome ,we did not see the same in our population. Ki 67 proliferation was greater in the stromal component of phyllodes tumours,compared to fibroadenomas.
Keywords: Fibroadenoma; Phyllodes tumour; Estrogen; Progesterone receptors; Ki67
How to cite this article:
Arcot Rekha, Vimal Chander, Arihanth Ravichandran, Chitra S. Hormone Receptor Expression in Non Cancer Breast Lesions. International Journal of Case Reports, 2020; 4:180. DOI: 10.28933/ijcr-2020-11-0105
1. Kim YH, Kim GE, Lee JS, Lee JH, Nam JH, Choi C, Park MH, Yoon JH. Hormone receptors ex-pression in phyllodes tumors of the breast. Anal Quant Cytol Histol. 2012 Feb;34(1):41-8.
2. Deepti Gupta, Veena Gupta, Nisha Marwah, Meenu Gill, Sumiti Gupta, Gopal Gupta, Promil Jain, and Rajeev Sen Correlation of Hormone Receptor Expression with Histologic Parameters in Benign and Malignant Breast Tumors. Iran J Pathol. 2015 Winter; 10(1): 23–34.
3. Giani C, D’Amore E, Delarue JC, Mouriesse H, May-Levin F, Sancho-Garnier H, Breccia M, Contesso G. Estrogen and progesterone re-ceptors in benign breast tumors and lesions: relationship with histological and cytological features. Int J Cancer. 1986 Jan 15;37(1):7-10.
4. Mudduwa L, Liyanage T. Immunohistochemical assessment of hormone receptor status of breast carcinoma: interobserver variation of the quick score.Indian J Med Sci. 2009 Jan;63(1): 21-7.
5. Kucuk U, Bayol U, Pala EE, Cumurcu S. Im-portance of P53, Ki-67 expression in the differential diagnosis of be-nign/malignant phyllodes tumors of the breast. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2013 Apr-Jun;56(2):129-34. doi: 10.4103/0377-4929.118690.
6. Tse GM, Lee CS, Kung FY, Scolyer RA, Law BK, Lau TS, Putti TC. Hormonal receptors expression in epithelial cells of mammary phyllodes tumors correlates with pathologic grade of the tumor: a multicenter study of 143 cases. Am J Clin Pathol. 2002 Oct;118(4):522-6.
7. Shoker BS, Jarvis C, Clarke RB, et al. Abnormal regulation of the oestrogen receptor in benign breast lesions. J Clin Pathol. 2000;53:778-783.