Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Male Sexual Assault – A Case Report of Foreign Body in the Rectum from Sexual Assault by Female Partner
A. Monday Yilkudi.1, Nathaniel Adewole.2, Kenneth Onyejekwe.1, Pius Ogelekwu1, Stephen Edino1
1Department of Surgery, University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Abuja-FCT, Nigeria
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Abuja-FCT, Nigeria
Most rectal foreign bodies (FB) are a result of insertion for sexual gratification. FB in the rectum as. result of sexual assault in males by the female partner is rare. A 32-year-ol man presented with a 6-day history of deep anal pain and lower abdominal pain, following an assault by a female partner while he was drunk. Physical examination and plain radiography confirmed a FB in the rectum. The FB was removed at exploratory laparotomy following failed attempt at trans rectal removal under spinal anaesthesia. The FB was confirmed to be a perfume canister. The patient has remained well at two months of follow up.
Male sexual assault by female is not uncommon and can lead to disastrous effects. The female sexual assault on male is underreported and reported usually when there are complications. There is need to do more in-depth study to investigate the incidence of this.
Keywords: Case report, Male, Sexual assault, foreign body, rectum
How to cite this article:
A. Monday Yilkudi, Nathaniel Adewole, Kenneth Onyejekwe, Pius Ogelekwu, Stephen Edino. Male Sexual Assault – A Case Report of Foreign Body in the Rectum from Sexual Assault by Female Partner. International Journal of Case Reports, 2020 4:186. DOI: 10.28933/ijcr-2020-11-2306
1. Deshpande SK, Varshney A. Sigmoid colonic perforation by foreign body rectum: A case report [Internet]. Indian Journal of Case Reports. 2020 Aug [cited 2020 Aug 29]. Available from: https://mansapublishers.com/IJCR/article/view/2477
2. Ozbilgin M, Arslan B, Can Yakut M, Ozkan Aksoy S, Terzi MC. CASE REPORT-OPEN ACCESS Five years with a rectal foreign body: A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2020 Aug 21];6:210–3. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijscr.2014.11.053
3. Amran FA, Faiz M, Mansor H, Syafiq M, Razak A, Sabudin MF, et al. Difficult Retrieval of Glass Bottle in the Rectum: How the Story End? Vol. 15, Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences. 2019.
4. Nesemann S, Hubbard K, Siddiqui M, Fernandez W. Rectal Foreign Body Removal in the Emergency Department: A Case Report. Clin Pract Cases Emerg Med [Internet]. 2020 Jul 30 [cited 2020 Aug 29];4:450–3. Available from: https://escholarship.org/uc/item/6562j95b
5. Ikram S, Singh S, Kallam R, Dabra A. A play that went wrong: Unique presentation of bowel perforation from an unusually large per-rectal foreign body. BMJ Case Rep [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2020 Aug 30];2017. Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC5728226/?report=abstract
6. Dahlberg M, Nordberg M, Pieniowski E, Boström L, Sandblom G, Hallqvist-Everhov Å. Retained sex toys: an increasing and possibly preventable medical condition. Int J Colorectal Dis [Internet]. 2019 Jan 31 [cited 2020 Aug 29];34:181–3. Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC6318238/?report=abstract
7. Goldberg JE, Steele SR. Rectal Foreign Bodies [Internet]. Vol. 90, Surgical Clinics of North America. Elsevier; 2010 [cited 2020 Oct 18]. p. 173–84. Available from: http://www.surgical.theclinics.com/article/S0039610909001571/fulltext
8. Park YJ, Baek DH, Park EY, Kim GH, Song GA. Unusual Rectal Foreign Body: A Golf Ball. Clin Endosc [Internet]. 2020 May 25 [cited 2020 Aug 30]; Available from: https://doi.org/10.5946/ce.2020.097
9. Yahya A, Chukwuma J. Retrospective audit of the management of anal insertion of foreign bodies: A holistic approach. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2020 Aug 29];18. Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC4874751/?report=abstract
10. Mbanaso AU, Mbanuso EL, Eyinnaya OG, Okwuonu CG. Foreign body in the rectum of a Nigerian adolescent youth. Ann Biomed Sci [Internet]. 2020 Mar 13 [cited 2020 Aug 29];19:10–5. Available from: https://www.ajol.info/index.php/abs/article/view/193750
11. Garba M, Umar L, Musa S, Makarfi H. Impacted corncob in the anus: An unusual presentation of child sexual abuse. Sahel Med J [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Sep 1];23:132. Available from: http://www.smjonline.org/article.asp?issn=1118-8561;year=2020;volume=23;issue=2;spage=132;epage=135;aulast=Garba