Research Article of International Journal of Hospital Pharmacy
Utilization Evaluation of Drugs Used in Dialysis Patients
Margreth Philbert, Binai K Sankar
Reddy college of pharmacy
You cannot live without having your blood cleaned properly. So, when the kidneys have failed completely, a treatment called dialysis can take over the job of filtering and cleaning the blood. A 67 year’s old male diabetic with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) admitted to the hospital with the symptoms of decreased balance, loss of sensation, fear of falling, and decreased endurance during daily activities. In April 2011 due to extreme illness and diagnosed with kidney failure. Patient reports progression of his disease to ESRD in 2016. Patient has been receiving dialysis treatment since ESRD diagnosis 3 days per week.
KEYWORDS: CKD, ESRD, hemodialysis, Therapy Management.
How to cite this article:
Ayda Hossein poor, C. Suhas Reddy Utilization Evaluation Of Drugs Used In Dialysis Patients. International Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 2018,3:13.
1. Ohmit S.E, Flack J. M: Longitudinal Study of the National Kidney Foundation’s (NKF) Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP). J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 Nov; 14(1): 117-121.
2. Rajeshwari, Nagabushan H: Assessment of QOL and drug usage among hemodialysis patients at a tertiary care hospital. Int J Pharmacol and Clin Sci. 2016 Sep; 5(3):65-72.
3. Mercer T. Low–Volume exercise rehabilitation improves functional capacity and self-reported functional status of dialysis patients. Am J Phys Med. 2002. 81(3):162-167.
4. Konstantinidou E. Exercise training in patients with end stage renal disease on hemodialysis. J Rehabil Med. 2002. 34:40-45.
5. Azar S. Evaluation of antibiotics utilization and dosing for management of patients with chronic kidney disease. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2016 Nov; 8(1):299-302.
6. Ossman D. H, Marouf B. H, Ameen K. H. Identification of drug-related problems in patients with chronic kidney disease maintained on haemodialysis in Sulaimani city. J. Pharm. Sci. 2015 July. 4(3):172-5.
7. Saracho R. Evaluation of the Losartan in Haemodialysis (ELHE) Study. Kidney International. 2016 Nov; 54(68):125-9.
8. Chaitali S.B, Sonali A. P. Prescribing Pattern of Medicines in Chronic Kidney Disease with Emphasis on Phosphate Binders. Indian j pharmacol [Internet].2016 Nov; 46(1):35-39.