Research Article of International Journal of Industrial and Business Management
The Upgrading of Foreign Trade Industry in Jiangsu Province- Based on the Perspective of Global Value Chain
Jie Liu, Kang Jin*
School of Marketing and Logistics Management, Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, Nanjing 210023, China.
Based on the global value chain perspective, this study carried out a comprehensive analysis of foreign trade industry in Jiangsu province from four dimensions, including contribution rate of foreign trade industry to GDP, value chain division, value chain dependency and value chain links. Research showed that the four types of industry upgrades (processes, products, functions, chains) could be realized by integrating “Internet +” from the perspective of value chain. Therefore, we planned three proposals to promote the upgrading of Jiangsu foreign trade industry: Integrate and promote the value chain, merge the internet technology; extend the value chain, build Internet platform; reconstruct the value chain and optimize the trade process.
Keywords: Global value chain; Jiangsu foreign trade; Industrial upgrading
How to cite this article:
Jie Liu, Kang Jin. The Upgrading of Foreign Trade Industry in Jiangsu Province–Based on the Perspective of Global Value Chain. International Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 2019; 3:16. DOI: 10.28933/ijibm-2019-08-2205
1. Michael Porter: National Competitive Advantage [M], Huaxia Publishing House, 2006: 3-7.
2. Gereffi G., 2001, “Beyond the Producer-driven/
Buyer-driven Dichotomy The Evolution of Global Value Chains in the Internet Era” [J], Ids Bulletin, Vol.32, No.3: 30-40.
3. Dawei Li, Improvement of China’s Industry in the Global Value Chain [J]. Macroeconomics, 2015 (6): 3-14.
4. Kaplinsky R, Morris M, A manual for value chain research [EB/OL], http://www·ids.ae.uk/ids/global, 2001.
5. Jibo Cai, Upgrade of China’s domestic production-oriented foreign trade enterprises based on the global value chain [D], Jiangsu University PhD thesis, 2011: 12-18.
6. Hongbing Li, Chunming Zhao, Construction of Global Value Chain Originating in China [J]. Red Flag Manuscript, 2016 (6): 21-23.
7. Bain. Industrial Organization [M]. New York: John Wiley. 1968: 122-127.
8. Scheler, Industrial Market Structure and Market Performance [M], Commercial Press, 1970: 9-17.
9. Xiang Dai, Erzhen Zhang. The evolution of global value chain division of labor and “mystery” of China’s foreign trade stall [J]. Economist, 2016 (1): 75-82.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.