Review Article of International Journal of Music and Film
Indian Ragas for treating health problems
Dr Balaji Deekshitulu P V
Homeopathy & Alternative Medicine Physician and Counseling Psychologist, Sri Balaji Homeopathy & Counseling Center, Tirupati, A.P, India.cell:8885391722,7207255557.
Music is a universal language. It influences all levels of human existence. It is a medium for communication, which can be both a pleasant and healing experience. Modern science and medicine are now rediscovering the healing powers of music. And various ragas in Hindustani & Karnataka treating persons with special needs in mental and physical health, rehabilitation and special education is gaining ground. It is a great ancient holistic medical science of India. The whole subject of music medical therapy is now getting attention from all across the world. In this paper we are presenting how a different raga affects the human body.
Keywords: Indian ragas, Curing health diseases
How to cite this article:
Balaji Deekshitulu P V. Indian Ragas for treating health problems. International Journal of Music and Film, 2018; 1:1. DOI:10.28933/ijmf-2018-11-2608
1. Aashish A. Bardekar , Ajay A. Gurjar(2018) Synthesis of Indian Classical Raga Todi Structural Influence on Human Brain Waves,IJRTI, Volume 3 Issue 4.
2. Balaji Deekshitulu P V(2014) Stress Reduction Through Listening Indian Classical Music, nnovare Journal of Health Sciences , Vol 2 Issue 2) Page: 4-8.
3. Bharathi P,Jaganesh K, Sobana R, Parthasarathy S(2012) Effect of the indian raga Bagashri on the body temperature of cancer patients on chemotherapy,Int J Cur Bio Med Sci,2(1);243-245.
4. Bardekar and Ajay. A. Gurjar (2016) Study of Indian Classical Ragas Structure and its Influence on Human Body for Music Therapy, International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Computing and Communication Technology (iCATccT), IEEE, Banglore. 10.1109/ICATCCT.2016.7911976.
5. Jesna. C.A., Radha Krishnan, John Vijay Sagar K(2017) An experimental study to assess the effect of selected raga of music on aggression in children admitted in Child Psychiatry Center NIMHANS, Bangalore,IJNER, Volume No. : 5, Issue No. : 1, 2347-8640.
6. Jomon CU and Raja A (2015) Effectiveness of Choice music and Anandabhairavi Raga on adult patients’ pre-procedural anxiety. Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences. Volume 1, Issue 1.
7. Joyanta Sarkar and Utpal Biswas (2015) Indian classical ragas to cure diseases,IJASR, Volume 1; Issue 1; Page No. 09-13.
8. Joyanta Sarkar and Utpal Biswas (2015) An effect of Raga Therapy on our human body,IJHSSR, Volume 1; Issue 1, Page No. 40-43.
9. Karuna Nagarajan, Thaiyar M Srinivasan, Nagendra Hongasandra Ramarao (2015) Immediate effect of listening to Indian raga on attention and concentration in healthy college students,IJHRR, Volume : 2 | Issue : 3 | Page : 103-107.
10. Madhuri Sharma, Rajnee, Kamlesh Chandra Mathur (2011) Effects Of Music Therapy On Clinical And Biochemical Parameters Of Metabolic Syndrome, J Bangladesh Soc Physiol, 6(2): 108-115.
11. Mahesh Chandra Pandey (2012)The healing power of music,SRJIS, Vol. – I, Issue-III,2278-8808.
12. Mahesh George (2015) THE INDIAN MUSIC THERAPY, TREATMENT WITH RAGAS,ISQURMM, Immaculata University.
13. Sandeep Kumar Kar, Tanmoy Ganguly, Santa Saha Roy and Anupam Goswami (2015) Effect of Indian Classical Music (Raga Therapy) on Fentanyl, Vecuronium, Propofol Requirements and Cortisol levels in Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Journal of Anesthesia & Critical Care, Volume 2 Issue 2.
14. Shamsul Haque Nizamie and Sai Krishna Tikka (2014) Psychiatry and music, Indian J Psychiatry. 56(2): 128–140.
15. Srilatha Bashetti , Neetha Kundoor , Krishnaveni V Desai , Radha Kishan N, Aparna V Bhongir (2014) INDIAN MUSIC THERAPY: COULD IT BE HELPFUL IN THE MANAGEMENT OF MENTAL DEPRESSION?,IJMHS, Volume 3 Issue 2, ISSN: 2319-5886.
16. Sundar Sumathy,Durai pavithra and Pramar parin(2016) Indian classical music is respective music therapy improves tridosha balance and major depression pregnant women, IJAP,Volum 4, Issue 9.