Research Article of International Journal of Neuroscience Research
Extraction of dopamine, serotonin, and gamma-aminobutyric acid from lactobacillus.spp and yeast
Pragalya A and Priya Iyer*
PG and Research Department of Biotechnology Women`s Christian College, Chennai -600006
Treating the neurological disease is a meticulous process with lots of uncertainties. There is been an increasing demand and improvement of treatments are being under process. Most challenging neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s diseases are still being under studies for the challenging reasons of their occurence.Also there is an increasing number of studies are going on with the Micro biome-gut-brain axis related findings to the neurological diseases. With such concept, it is significant to know the potentiality of the microbes which are commonly reside in our body to produce the metabolites i.e, Neurotranmitters related to the diseases. In this study focus is to find such microbes. Lactobacillus spp and the yeast commonly found in gut, shows the potentiality to produce the neurotransmitters with using simple laboratory conditions.
Keywords: dopamine, serotonin, gamma-aminobutyric acid, lactobacillus.spp, yeast
How to cite this article:
Pragalya A and Priya Iyer. Extraction of dopamine, serotonin, and gamma-aminobutyric acid from lactobacillus.spp and yeast. International Journal of Neuroscience Research, 2018; 2:8. DOI: 10.28933/ijnr-2018-06-0101.
1. Abdul Barry Mahdi Mahood and Mohammed Jassim Hamzah(2010).A high Sensitive colorimetric assay for the determination of dopamine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical preparations Using charge transfer complex reaction.National journal of chemistry,Volume 37,60-65.
2. Chandrani Sarkar, Debanjan Chakroborty, UttioRoy Chowdhury, Partha Sarathi Dasgupta and Sujit Basu (2008). Dopamine Increases the Efficacy of Anticancer Drugs in Breast and Colon Cancer Preclinical Models.American Association for cancer research. DOI: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-07-1778 Published April 2008.
3. Daniel Erny,Anna Lena Hrabe,de An gelis,and Marco Prinz.(2016).Communicating systems in the body: how microbiota and microglia cooperate. doi:10.1111/imm.12645.
4. Elmira Akbari1, Zatollah Asemi, Reza Daneshvar Kakhaki, Fereshteh Bahmani,Ebrahim Kouchaki, Omid Reza Tamtaji, Gholam Ali Hamidi and Mahmoud alami (2016). Effect of Probiotic Supplementation on Cognitive Function and Metabolic Status in Alzheimer’s disease: A Randomized, Double-Blind and Controlled Trial. CLINICAL TRIAL doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2016.00256
5. Lyte M (2013) Microbial Endocrinology in the Microbiome-Gut-BrainAxis: How Bacterial Production and Utilization of Neurochemicals Influence Behavior. PLoS Pathog 9(11): e1003726. doi:10.1371/journal.ppat.1003726.
6. Lyte M, Varcoe JJ, Bailey MT (1998) Anxiogenic effect of subclinical bacterial infection in mice in the absence of overt immune activation. Physiol Behav 65:63–68.
7. N.Lacroix D.St-Gelais,C.Champagne,J.Vuillemard (2013).Gamma-aminobutyric acid-producing abilities of lactococcal strains isolated from old-style cheese starters.Dairy science & Technology,DOI:10.1007/s13594-013-0127-4.
8. Noriyuki Kato,Takashi Kojima,Shinji Yoshiyagawa,Hikoto Ohta,Akira Toriba,Hideo Nishimura,Kazuichi Hayakawa (2007).Rapid and Sensitive determination of tryptophan,serotonin and psychoactive tryptamines by thin-layer chromatography/fluorescence detection.Journal of chromatography A,1145(2007)229-233.
9. O. V. Averina and V. N. Danilenko (2016), Human Intestinal Microbiota: Role in Development and Functioning of the Nervous System. Original Russian Text © O.V. Averina, V.N. Danilenko, 2017, published in Mikrobiologiya,DOI: 10.1134/S0026261717010040.
10. Qingzhe Jin Liang Shan Jinhuan YueXingguo Wang.Spectrophotometric determination of total serotonin derivatives in the safflower seeds with Ehrilch’s reagent and the underlying color reaction mechanism.Food Chemistry, volume 108,issue 2,pg 779-783.
11. Rasha d Al kasir, Jing Li, Xudon g Li, Miao Jin, Bao li Zhu(2016). Human gut microbiota: the links with dementia development. Protein Cell 2017, 8(2):90–102.DOI 10.1007/s13238-016-0338-6.
12. Sidney Udenfriend,Herbert Weissbach ,Carroll T.Clark (1954).The estimation of 5-Hydroxytryptamine(serotonin) in Biological tissues.Laboratory of chemical pharmacology,National Heart institute,National institute of Health,Health Service,united States Department of Health,Education and Welfare,Bethesda,Maryland.
13. Staffan Holmqvist,Oldriska Chutna,Luc Bousset,Patrick Aldrin-irk,Wen Li,Tomas Björklund,Zhan-You Wang,Laurent Roybon,Ronald Melki,Jia-Yi Li(2014). Direct evidence of Parkinson pathology spread from the gastrointestinal tract to the brain in rats. Acta Neuropathologica doi 10.1007/s00401-014-1343-6
14. V.N.Gokani,Medha U.Thakker,Jaya G.Patel S.K.Ghosh and S.K.Chatterjee (1979).Thin layer Chromatographic method for estimation of λ-Aminobutyric acid from brain.ind.J.Physiol.Pharmac,pg 101-104.
15. Wladyslaw wardas,Ilona Lipska ,Katarzyna Bober(2000),TLC fractionation and visualization of selected phenolic compounds applied as drugs.Acta poloniac Pharmacuetica-Drug Research.Vol.57 No.1pp.15-22.
16. Yatsunenko, T., Rey, F.E., Manary, M.J., Trehan, I.,Dominguez-Bello, M.G., and Contreras, M (2012), Human gut microbiome viewed across age and geography,Nature.doi: 10.1038/nature11053.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.