Research Article of International Journal of Aging Research
Mandatory training in aged care- issues for Australian organisations and workers
Graham Blaxell B.A. Dip. Ed.
Macquarie University, Australia
There are significant issues related to the implementation of Mandatory Compliance Training in Not For Profit Aged Care provision in Australia. This paper provides an overview of those issues through an autoethnographic approach based on my 4 decades as an educator. It critiques the application of Mandatory Compliance Training using contemporary understandings of adult learning.
Keywords: Aged Care, Australia, Autoethnography
How to cite this article:
Divya Singh and Sukanya Hembrom.Neuroprotective Effect of Flavonoids: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Aging Research, 2019, 2:27. DOI: 10.28933/ijoar-2018-12-0205
1. Le Roux C. Exploring Rigour in Autoethnographic Research. Int J Soc Res Methodol. 2017;20(2).
2. Adams, T., Holman Jones, S and Ellis C. Where Storoes Take Us. In: Handbook of Autoethnography. Walnut Creek: Left Coast Press; 2013.
3. Christians G. Ethics and Politics in Qualitative Research. In: Denzin, N. and Lincoln Y, ed. The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research. Thousand Oaks: Sage; 2011.
4. Wall S. Towards a Moderate Autoethnography. Int J Qual Methods. 2016.
5. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. ROACA Summary. https://www.gen-agedcaredata.gov.au/Resources/Factsheets-and-infographics/ROACA_Summary.pdf?ext. Published 2017. Accessed May 1, 2018.
6. Mavromaras, K., Knight, G., Isherwood, L., Crettenden, A., Favel, J., Karmel, T., Moskos, M., Smith, L., Walton, H. and Wei Z. 2016 National Aged Care Workforce Census and Survey.; 2016.
7. Payscale. Average Aged Care Worker Hourly Pay. https://www.payscale.com/research/AU/Job=Aged_Care_Worker/Hourly_Rate. Published 2018.
8. Merriam, S and Bierema L. Adult Learning Linking Theory and Practice. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2014.
9. Knowles M, Swanson RKMH, Holton E. The Adult Learner. 7th ed. Houston: Gulf; 2011.
10. Cranton P. Working with Adult Leaners. Toronto: Wall and Emerson; 1992.
11. Worksafe Australia. Law and Regulation. https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/law-and-regulation. Published 2018.
12. Australian Government. Quality of Care Principles 2014. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018C00294. Published 2014.
13. Food Standards Australia and New Zealand. Food Standards Code. http://foodstandards.gov.au/code/Pages/default.aspx. Published 2018.
14. Standards Australia. Emergency Evacuation.; 1995. https://www.standards.org.au/standards-catalogue/sa-snz/other/lg-007/as-slash-nzs–2293-dot-2-1995.
15. Choy, S. and Henderson A. Preferred Startegies for Workplace Development. Aust Heal Rev. 2016;40(5).
16. Wick C. 70-20-10: Origin, research, purpose. http://www.70-20.com/70-20-10-origin-research-purpose/. Published 2016.
17. Kajewski, K and Marsden V. Demystifying 70/20/10. Melbourne: Deakin Prime; 2013.
18. Choy, S., Billett, S. and Kelly A. Engaging in Continuing Education and Training: Learning Preferences of Worker Learners in the Health and Community Services Industry. Aust J Adult Learn. 2013;53(1).
19. Tennant, M. and McMullen C. The workplace as a site for learning. In: WACE/ACEN Asian Pacific Conference 2008. ; 2008.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.