Research Article of International Journal of Aging Research
INFLUENCE OF TAE BO EXERCISE ON BONE MARKERS AND FRAX SCORE
Slavica Janković1, Mirsad Muftić2, Amra Macić Džanković3, Majda Zonić Imamović4
1Veleučilište, Lavoslav Ružička“ u Vukovaru, Hrvatska,
2Fakultet zdravstvenih studija Univerzitet u Sarajevu, Bosna i Hercegovina,
3Fakultet zdravstvenih studija Univerzitet “Vitez” u Vitezu, Bosna i Hercegovina,
4Medicinski fakultet Tuzla, Bosna i Hercegovina
In recent times, osteoporosis has taken epidemic proportions. It is a disorder that in time of industrialization and application of new technologies is starting to impact even the younger population. The use of modern devices in everyday life is resulting in a reduce level of human physical activity, consequently leading to inactive way of life and increase in number of people suffering from osteoporosis. Going beyond its educational character, this dissertation also has an aim to point out potential positive aspects of Tae Bo exercises on people with osteoporosis and potential positive effect on bone mass, lowering of FRAX score and better quality of life.
The study included 92 patients with osteoporosis diagnosis, who at the beginning and at the end of the study carried out laboratory blood, urine, densitometry tests and filled out questionnaires of the ten-year risk of fracture (FRAX) and Quality Questionnaire QUALEFFO 31. The study was prospective, randomized controlled study conducted on a group of women between 55 and 65 years age during the period from 01.07.2018. to 01.07.2019. Research has shown that programs Tae Bo exercise can positively impact the greater bone mass and quality of life of people with osteoporosis. Considering the social and economic magnitude and the breath of osteoporosis as a global and widespread problem, the main contribution of this study was to find new ways in mitigating the effects.
Keywords: osteoporosis, quality of life, Tae Bo exsersises
How to cite this article:
Slavica Janković, Mirsad Muftić, Amra Macić Džanković, Majda Zonić Imamović. INFLUENCE OF TAE BO EXERCISE ON BONE MARKERS AND FRAX SCORE. International Journal of Aging Research, 2020, 3:54. DOI: 10.28933/ijoar-2019-11-2805
1. Lazić M, Spasojević G. Značaj kvantitativne ultrazvučne osteodenzitometrije u ranom otkrivanju osteoporoze. Биомедицинска истраживања 2012;3(2):18-25.
2. Vlak T. medicina fluminensis 2012, Vol. 48, No. 4, p. 435-43.
3. Çakur B, Dagistan S , Şahin A, Harorli A,Yilmaz AB. Reliability of mandibular cortical index and mandibular bone mineral density in the detection of osteoporotic women. DMRF 2009;38:5.
4. Watts NB, Bilezikian JP, Camacho PM, Greenspan SL, Harris ST, Hodgson SF. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines for Clinical Practice for the diagnosis and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis:executive summary of recommendations. Endocr Pract 2010;16(6):1016-9.
5. Bellastella G, Maiorino MI, Olita L, Capuano A, Rafaniello C, Giugliano D, Esposito K. Vitamin D deficiency in type 2 diabetic patients with hypogonadism. J Sex Med 2014;11(2):536–42.
6. Wade SW, Strader C, Fitzpatrick LA, Anthony MS, O’Malley CD. Estimating prevalence of osteoporosis: examples from industrialized countries. Arch Osteoporos 2014;9:182.
7. Burge R., Dawson-Hughes B, Solomon DH, Wong JB, King A, Tosteson A: Incidence and economic burden of osteoporosis-related fractures in the United States 2007;2005–25.
8. Ameri AE, Dehkhoda MR., Hemayattalab R. Bone mineral density changes after physical training and calcium intake in students with attention deficit and hyper activity disorders. Research in Developmental Disabilities 2012; 33(2): 594–9.
9. Bączyk G, Opala T, Kleka P, Chuchracki M. Multifactorial analysis of risk factors for reduced bone mineral density among postmenopausal women. Arch Med Sci. 2012;8(2):332-41.
10. Kehler T. Epidemiology of osteoporosis and osteoporotic fractures. Reumatizam 2014;61(2):160-3.
11. Anek A, Kanungsukasem V, Bunyaratavej N. Effects of Aerobic Step Combined with Resistance Training on Biochemical Bone Markers, Health-Related Physical Fitness and Balance in Working Women. J Med Assoc Thai. 2015;98(8):42-51.
12. Sukkeaw W, Kritpet T, Bunyaratavej N. A Comparison between the Effects of Aerobic Dance Training on Mini-Trampoline and Hard Wooden Surface on Bone Resorption, Health-Related Physical Fitness, Balance, and Foot Plantar Pressure in Thai Working Women. J Med Assoc Thai. 2015; 98(8):58-64.