Review Article of International Journal of Philosophical Research
Astrology and Mental Health
Dr Balaji Deekshitulu P V
Homeopathy Physician and Counseling Psychologist, Sri Balaji Homeopathy & Counseling Center, Tirupati, A.P, India.cell:8885391722 / 7207255557.
The review article explains that the mental disease is an integral part of Medical Astrology based on principles propounded by the ancient sages in India. The planets mainly responsible for sound or unsound mental health are the Moon, Mercury and Jupiter. These planets together either keep a native in perfect good mental health or cause him mental illness. Experimentation on diagnosing major mental disorders says that the nature of the mental illness can be ascertained from the relationship between the afflicted and the afflicting planets aided by a good understanding of the inherent qualities of such afflicted and afflicting planets like Moon: feelings, emotions, love, attachment, intuition and tenderness.Mercury: deep thoughts, logic, analysis, mathematics, rationality, planning, Mars: hot temperament, impulsiveness, knee-jerk reactions, violence and anger, Saturn: cunning, obstacle, suffering, stoic behaviour and suppression, Rahu: Evil thoughts, suffering, inciting, tempting, fantasizing
Keywords: Mental illness,Astrology, Mental health
How to cite this article:
Balaji Deekshitulu P V. Astrology and Mental Health. International Journal of Philosophical Research, 2019; 1:1.
1. Anand Sagar Pathak (2017) Judgment of Mental Issues From Horoscopes, https://www.astrospeak .com.
2. Ashish Chauhan(2014) Predicting Psychological Disorders by Astrology,JPsycher pschol Disor , https://www.scitechnol .com
3. B R Bhawaan(2007)INTEGRATED CONCEPT OF MEDICAL ASTROLOGY AND AYURVEDA, https://www.researchgate.net
4. Krishna Murthy Kavirayani(2013) Astrology and mental illness,AP J Psychol Med; 14(2):95- 102.
5. Kulratan singh(2015)The study of Brahma muhurtha jagaran on mental health WSR to anxiety and Depression,IJAPR,Vol 3, Issue 9.
6. Rajesh Krishna P B, Narasimha Sharma P S V and Hema T(2018) Prediction of Mental Illness Using Indian Astrology, Journal of Scientifi c Exploration, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 555–578.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.