Research Article of International Journal of Social Research
The Role of Public Participation in Local Government Public Decision-making–taking Jiangmen Nuclear Fuel Project in Guangdong Province as an Example
Academy of Marxism, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, China
Public participation in public decision-making is of great significance for speeding up the transformation of government functions and embodying people’s ownership. Therefore, in the process of local decision-making, expanding public participation and attaching importance to the important value of public participation are of far-reaching significance to the formulation of local decision-making in China. For various reasons, the role of public participation in local government decision-making has not been well reflected. To achieve effective public participation in local government decision-making, we need to improve the quality of public political participation and cultivate good political participants; we need to improve the public participation mechanism in government public decision-making, expand the channels for public participation in decision-making; strengthen the guidance and supervision of the media, and purify the media environment for public participation in government decision-making.
Keywords: public participation; local government; government decision-making; role
How to cite this article:
Zhou zhiwu,.The Role of Public Participation in Local Government Public Decision-making –taking Jiangmen Nuclear Fuel Project in Guangdong Province as an Example. International Journal of Social Research, 2019; 3:36. DOI: 10.28933/ijsr-2019-09-1706
1. Jiangmen Nuclear Fuel Project Grounded in Public Opinion [N]. China Youth News, July-14,2013.
2. Cai Dingjian. From Public Participation to Good Governance of the Government [J].China Reform,2010(11).
3. Chen Gehan,Zeng Wei. On the double contradictions faced by the protection of human rights in China [J].Journal of Hubei Commercial College,2000(12).
4. Hu Yongqin.Orderly participation of citizens: scientific public decision-making The cornerstone of democratization [J].Academic Exchange, 2005(12).
5. Guo Tao, Li Liying. Analysis of the dilemma of public participation in public policy-making [J]. Economic Forum, 2005(12).
6. Perfecting the public participation mechanism of major projects [N]. China Construction Daily, July-1,2010.
7. Chen Ping, Liang Zhongming. On the Effective Implementation of Citizen Participation in Public Decision-making [J].Journal of Lanzhou University (Social Science Edition). 2007(11).
8. Jin Taijun, Zhang Jinsong. Government Self-interest and Its Control [J]. Jianghai Journal, 2002 (2).
9. Liao Zhide. On the public participation in administrative decision-making: a case study of Panyu waste incineration power plant project in Guangzhou [J]. Legal system and society. 2010 (13).
10. Hu Benchun. Reflections on perfecting the hearing system of administrative decision-making in China [J]. Journal of Shanxi Provincial Party School of the Communist Party of China. 2009 (05).
11. Liu Ming. Briefly on Citizen Participation in Administrative Decision-making — Taking the construction of Xiamen PX Project as an example [J]. Journal of Sichuan Institute of Technology (Social Science Edition). 2008 (04).
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.