HUMANIZATION IN OBSTETRIC ASSISTANCE FOR PAIN RELIEF IN NORMAL LABOR
Veronica Barbosa de Andrade 1*, Maria Wedja da Silva 2, Maria Celeste Campello Diniz 3, Gyulia Nayara Guedes Melo 4, Alecksandra Maria Reis de Farias Santos5, Manoel Pereira da Silva Junior6.
Introduction: Historically, women were given birth in the home by the help of midwives, but they heard changes from the increase in the performance of professionals with interventional practices, especially in the hospital environment. Today, even in the hospital setting, the humanized care in childbirth remit the values of a natural childbirth as something physiological. Objective: To describe the experience lived as a nursing student about the role of the nurse in humanized childbirth care in a Maternity Hospital in the city of Rio Largo. Method: This is a descriptive study of the experience of the Nursing Work Placement in the city of Rio Largo in the period from 11 to September 29, 2017. Results: It was possible to observe how the humanized care at birth changes the behavior and perception of pain in the parturient. During labor, women were encouraged to use non-pharmacological methods among these methods; the use of the Swiss ball, stool, lumbosacral massage and the calm environment. Assistance was provided in a humane way. Conclusion: It is necessary that nurses take care, so that they have a humanized care focused on childbirth care to minimize the perception of painful stimuli in women, using non-pharmacological methods, without interventional practices allowing women to be protagonists of their childbirth.
Keywords: Normal childbirth, Humanized childbirth, Nursing, Perception of pain.
How to cite this article:
Veronica Barbosa de Andrade, Maria Wedja da Silva, Maria Celeste Campello Diniz, Gyulia Nayara Guedes Melo, Alecksandra Maria Reis de Farias Santos, Manoel Pereira da Silva Junior. HUMANIZATION IN OBSTETRIC ASSISTANCE FOR PAIN RELIEF IN NORMAL LABOR. .International Research Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2019, 2:19
1. Vargens OMC, Progianti JM, Silveira ACF. O significado de desmedicalização da assistência ao parto no hospital: análise da concepção de enfermeiras obstétricas. Rev Esc Enferm USP. 2008; 42(2):339-46.
2. Davim RMB, Torres GV. Avaliação do uso de estratégias não farmacológicas no alívio da dor de parturientes. Rev Rene. 2008; 9(2):64-72.
3. Silva LM, Barbieri M, Fustinoni SM. Vivenciando as experiências da parturição em um modelo assistencial humanizado. Rev Bras Enferm. 2011;
4. Ferreira AGN, et AL. Humanização do parto e nascimento: acolher a parturiente a perspectiva dialógica de Paulo Freire. Rev de enferm UFPE online, Recife. 2013; 7(5): 1398-405
5. Dos Santos Lima, Bianca. Métodos não farmacológicos para o alívio da dor durante o trabalho de parto. Revista dos Trabalhos de Conclusão e Semanas Acadêmicas da ULBRA Cachoeira do Sul, 2016; 1(1).
6. Santana LS, Gallo RBS, Ferreira CHJ. Efeito do banho de chuveiro no alívio da dor em parturientes na fase ativa do trabalho de parto. Rev Dor. 2013; 14(2):111-3.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.