Research Article of Journal of Herbal Medicine Research
CLINICAL STUDY OF SAHADEVI (Vernonia cineria Less.) KSHARA IN PERSPECTIVE OF GRANTHI W.S.R. CANCER
Vimla Kumari1 and Kamini Kaushal2
1PG Department of Dravyaguna, UAC, Dehradun. 2H.O.D., PG Department of Dravyaguna, MMM Govt. Ayurved College, Udaipur (Raj)
INTRODUCTION-Cancer’ is not directly mentioned in Ayurvedic text as one disease. Many diseases, which are described in Ayurvedic text, show similarities with Cancer. Also etiology (Nidan), pathogenesis (Samprapti), treatment(Chikitsa) of cancer can be described by considering the basic principles of Ayurved. Granthi is a term for a tumour, lump or nodule. Granthi may be benign or malignant. In Ayurvedic literature, a detailed description is given of various types of tumors. Terms such as gulma, granthi, utseda and arbuda are used for specific tumor conditions. AIMS & OBJECTIVES-1.Conceptual and clinical studies on Granthi. 2.To evaluate safety and efficacy of Sahadevi Panchang Kshara in management of Granthi. MATERIALS & METHODS-The study was conducted on 30 clinically diagnosed and confirmed patients of Granthi from OPD/IPD of Rajvaidhya Premshankar Sharma Govt. Ayurvedic Hospital, Udaipur. Group A- 15 Patients of simple granthi (Benign tumour) were treated by 500mg capsule Sahadevi kshara two times a day with normal water for 60 days. Group B- 15 Patients of malignant granthi were treated by 500mg capsule Sahadevi kshara two times a day with normal water for 60 days. The patients will be diagnosed with the help of various subjective parameters. RESULT-Pain, tenderness, fatigue, size of lump symptoms were significant In Group A and Pain, Tenderness, Size of lump, Nausea, fatigue,, Constipation, Gas in Abdomen, Heaviness in Chest symptoms were significant in group B. Pain was improved in both groups. CONCLUSION-Sahadevi Kshara proved to be an effective, safe, promising and cost effective in the management of cancer.
Keywords: Granthi, cancer, sahadevi kshara, malignant.
How to cite this article:
Vimla Kumari and Kamini Kaushal. CLINICAL STUDY OF SAHADEVI (Vernonia cineria Less.) KSHARA IN PERSPECTIVE OF GRANTHI W.S.R. CANCER. Journal of Herbal Medicine Research, 2020,5:40.
1. Sushruta, Sushruta Samhita, English commentary by Sharma P.V., Varanasi, Chaukhamba Bharati Academy, Reprint 2010, Nidan Sthana 11.
2. Agnivesha, Charaka Samhita, English Commentary by Sharma P.V., Varanasi, Chaukhambha Orientalia, Reprint 2011, Chikitsa sthanam, chapter 12.
3. Cancer therapy in Ayurveda, Professor T.L. Devaraj. Chaukhamba Publishers; First Edition edition january 1, 1999
4. Anonymous, The Ayurvedic Formulary of India, 2nd Ed. Part-1, Vol. 1, Indian System of Medicine and Homeopathy, Govt. of India, 2003, pp. 163.
5. Khemraj Shri Krishnadashne, Rasataragani (Shribhanumishra Virachit), Mumbai-ShriVanketshwar,1971, 14/64