Review Article of Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Reviews
Medicinal plants used to treat the disease of gout –an overview
R.Ramasubramania raja M.Sekar, P.Lathasri,I.Paula Preethi,M.Suma Bhavana,T.Swathi
Department of Pharmacognosy, Narayana Pharmacy College, Nellore, A.P
Gout also called as hyper uricemia. Gout is characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness and tenderness in joints, often the joint at the base of big toe. Gout is a condition that develops when Uric acid is not properly excreted from the blood through urine .Excess uric acid builds up in the body and when not removed by the kidneys, it deposits in the form of crystals in the joints, primarily in hands and feet and especially in the joint of big toe. The risk of developing gout increases as the Serum uric acid level rises [>7 mg/dl]. In our focus medicinal plants used to treat the gout for the reason in the allopathic system of medicine is not cure the disease of gout, its only controlled. So few medicinal plants we reviewed this paper.
Keywords: Gout, uricemia, pain, serum, medicinal plants
How to cite this article:
R.Ramasubramania raja M. Sekar, P.Lathasri,I.Paula Preethi,M.Suma Bhavana,T.Swathi Medicinal plants used to treat the disease of gout –an overview. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Reviews, 2018; 2:6.
1) Comprehensive Pharmacy Review by Leon shargel, Alan H Mutnick
2) Woolliscroft JO, Colfer H, Fox IH. Hyperuricemia in acute illness: a poor prognostic sign. Am J Med. 1982;72:58-62. [PMID: 7058824
3) Mineo I, Kono N, Hara N, Shimizu T, Yamada Y, Kawachi M, et al.
4) Lieber CS, Jones DP, Losowsky MS, Davidson CS. I
5) Gibson T, Rodgers AV, Simmonds HA, Toseland P. 1984;23:203-9.[PMID 6743968]
6) Glynn RJ, Campion EW, Silbert JE. 1983;26:87-93. [PMID: 6824508]
7) Freedman DS, Khan LK, Serdula MK, Galuska DA, Dietz WH. JAMA. 2002;288:1758-61. [PMID: 12365960]
8) Rheum Dis. 2008 Jul;67(7):960–6. [PMC free article] [PubMed] Zhu Y, Pandya BJ, Choi HK.
9) Thompson GR, Duff IF, Robinson WD, et al. Long term uricosuric therapy in gout. Arthritis Rheum. 1962 Aug;5:384–96. [PubMed].
10) NHANES 2007-2008. Am J Med. 2012 Jul;125(7):679–87 e1. [PubMed].
11) Drug interactions by CIMS India.
12) Disease out line by disease dictionary.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.