Review Article of Journal of Stroke Research
Stress and Spirituality
Dr B V Pattabhiram* and Dr Balaji Deekshitulu P V**
*Director Prasanthi Guidance & Counselling Centre, Hyderabad
*Psychologist & Alternative Medicine (Homeopathy) Practitioner, Sri Balaji Clinic, Tirupati, A.P, India.
In this review article the author argues that complete presentation of various Spiritual methods can reduce the stress and related mental and physical illnesses like Stress anxiety, depression etc.. Life is neither Possible to overcome safely. Spiritual methods like Prayer, Meditation, Mantra and some epic methods are increasing in Physical and mental health and reducing stress is an important stimulus of human growth and creativity as well an inevitable part of life.
Keywords: Stress, Spirituality, Prayer, Meditation, Mantra.
How to cite this article:
B V Pattabhiram and Balaji Deekshitulu P V. Stress and Spirituality. Journal of Stroke Research, 2016,1(1): 0025-0029. DOI: 10.28933/jsr-2017-0601
1. WinnieWing-YiChau(2006) The relationship between acculturative stress and spiritualty among chinese immigrant college students in the united states.University of California, Los Angeles
2. Inez Tuck,Renee Alleyne and Wantana Thinganjana (2006) Spirituality and Stress Management in Healthy Adults,JHS, Vol 24, Issue 4.
3. Delgado C (2007) Sense of coherence, spirituality, stress and quality of life in chronic illness, J Nurs Scholarsh;39(3):229-34.
4. Shiv Gautam and Nikhil Jain(2010) Indian culture and psychiatry, Indian J Psychiatry; 52(Suppl1): S309–S313.
5. Uma Devi(2011) A Study on Stress Management and Coping Strategies With Reference to IT Companies, Journal of Information Technology and Economic Development 2(2), 30-48.
6. Harold G and Koenig (2012) Religion, Spirituality, and Health, SRN Psychiatry, Volume 2012, Article ID 278730, 33 pages.
7. Reutter, Kirby, the Effects of Spirituality and Religiosity upon Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Mediation, Moderation, or Moderated Mediation?, Northcentral University, 2012, 98.
8. Sachin Kumar Srivastava and archana sharma(2014) Impact of Stress on Front Line/Business Management Executives and IT’s Solution, Social Science Electronic Publishing.
9. Aki Yazawa ,Yosuke Inoue , Dandan L, Jianwei Du ,Yuming Jin ,Yan Chen ,Masaru Nishitani ,Chiho Watanabe and Masahiro Umezaki (2014) Impact of lifestyle changes on stress in a modernizing rural population in Hainan Island, China, American Journal of Human BiologyVolume 26, Issue 1, pages 36–42.
10. Deekshitulu(2014)Vedic life style in stress control, Innovare Journal of Health Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 2, 2014,1-32.
11. Debnam K, Milam AJ, Furr-Holden CD, Bradshaw (2016) The Role of Stress and Spirituality in Adolescent Substance Use, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 11;51(6):733-41.
12. Delaram Badiee(2016) The Relationship of Spirituality with the Styles of Coping with Stress among College Students, The Caspian Sea Journal, Volume 10, Issue 1,302-305.
13. Masoumeh mamsoum,Rahim,tahmasebi,mehrdad,jalali,farideh jafari(2016)The studyof the relationship between job stress and spiritual health of nurses working in intensive care ward at Bushehr hospitals,Nvj,3(8);37-47.
14. Nandeesh Y. D, Deepa Kulkarni , Shanmukh V. Kamble(2016) Depression, Anxiety, Stress and Spirituality in Yoga Practitioners, The International Journal of Indian Psychology, Volume 3, Issue 3, No. 9.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.