Review Article of Open Journal of Language and Linguistics
Cultural Facsimile in the Translation of Jiangxi Nuo Culture
Nanchang Normal University
The translation of nuo culture, in its nature, is one of intercultural translation. At present, the main problems of the translation of nuo culture in China are the deficiency in cultural connotation reproduction and the inappropriateness in the translation of culture-specific terms. Based on the analysis and comparison of the translated texts of exorcising culture in Jiangxi province, this paper points out that the key to the successful translation of nuo culture is to accurately reproduce the connotation of nuo and to fully consider the reading psychology of target language readers. Therefore, translators should strive to find the balance between reflecting the original text’s differences to promote native culture and satisfying the reading habits and needs of the target readers to expand its acceptance among target readers.
Keywords: nuo culture, culture-specific terms, culture facsimile
How to cite this article:
Liu Wei.Cultural Facsimile in the Translation of Jiangxi Nuo Culture.Open Journal of Language and Linguistics, 2019, 2:6.
1. Yu Yue. A Decade Review and Rational Thinking on Intangible Cultural Heritage Research [J]. Jiangxi Social Science.2010.(9)
2. Liu Xinglai. Review of Studies on Chinese Nuo Culture. [J]. Journal of Jishou Univer-sity, 2013, (5)
3. Wu Keyan. Translation and Reader Recognition of China’s Intangible Cultural Herit-age [J]. Journal of Zhangzhou Normal University (Philosophical and Social Science Edi-tion), 2011
4. Aixela, J.F. Culture-specific Items in Translation [A]. In A lvarez R. & Vidal m. Car-men-Africa. (eds.). Translation, Power, Subversion [C]. Beijing:Foreign Language Teach-ing and Researching Press, 2007
5. Liu Miqing. Cultural Translation Theory [M]. Beijing: China International Translation and Publishing Corporation, 2007
6. Zhou Caiyu. Research on Translation Discourse Construction and Cultural Communi-cation of Intangible Cultural Heritage [J]. Sichuan Drama 2016, (12)
7. Bassnett, Sussan and Andre Lefervere. Translation, History and Culture. London and New York: Pinter Publishers. 1990
8. Li Dechao, wang kefei. Translation of Parallel Text Comparison Model and Tourism Text [J]. Chinese Translation, 2009, (4)
9. Wang Hong. Into the colorful Translation World [M]. Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research press, 2012
10. Zhu Liyuan. Contemporary Western Literary Theory [M]. Shanghai: East China Normal University Press, 2009
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.