Review Article of Open Journal of Language and Linguistics
Article Critique entitled: “The Analysis of the Opinions of School Directors about Their Knowledge of the Curriculums and Their Support and Control in the Implementation”
Desalegn Ejigu Tefera
Bahir Dar University
The present paper offers a critical review of the article published under the title of “The Analysis of the Opinions of School Directors about Their Knowledge of the Curriculums and Their Support and Control in the Implementation”. The reviewed article aimed at analyzing the opinions of school directors related to their levels of recognition, comprehension and explanation, along with their support and their supervisory duties in the process of the implementation of the curriculum. This study was conducted with a qualitative research approach. In this study, phenomenological research design was used since the subject of this study is to make sense of the experiences and the behaviors of school directors related to their comprehension of curriculum, their support in the application and their inspection task in the implementation of the curriculum. In this study, a semi structured interview form consisting of three basic questions was used as data collection tool along with the interview technique in which the probing of these questions are made. The research group is determined in terms of simple sampling method and consists of 28 secondary school directors. The data collected through interviews is analyzed through content analysis. Hence, the reviewer followed theoretical, epistemological and methodological approaches to qualitative research sought to critically appraise the article. Accordingly, the article was written in line with qualitative research approach and it had some limitations that lessen its empirical power.
Keywords: Article Critique, Opinions of School Directors, Knowledge of the Curriculums, Support and Control in the Implementation
How to cite this article:
Desalegn Ejigu Tefera. Article Critique entitled: “The Analysis of the Opinions of School Directors about Their Knowledge of the Curriculums and Their Support and Control in the Implementation”.Open Journal of Language and Linguistics, 2019, 2:7
1. Çelikten, M. (2006) A Perspective on women principals in Turkey. International Journal of Leadership in Education (8)3, 207-221,
2. Çubukçu, Z., & Girmen, P. (2006) Ortaöğretim kurumlarının etkili okul özelliklerine sahip olma düzeyleri. Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi, (16), 121-136,
3. Creswell, J. (2013). Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches (3rd ed.). Los Angeles, SAGE Publications, Inc.
4. Harris, A.(2004) Distributed leadership and school improvement. Educational Management Administration & Leadership, 32(1), 11-24, 2004.
5. Herrington, C. D., & Wills, B. K.(2005) “Decertifying the principal ship: The Politics of Administrator Preparation in Florida”. Educational Policy, 19 (1), 181-200.
6. Hesse-Bieber, S. N., & Leavy, P. (2006). The practice of qualitative research. ThousandOaks, CA: Sage.
7. Huseyin, H. (2016).The Analysis of the Opinions of School Directors about Their Knowledge of the Curriculums and Their Support and Control in the Implementation. Universal Journal of Educational Research 4(11): 2656-2668, 2016
8. Isreal, M. & Hay. I. (2006). Research ethics for social scientists: Between ethical conduct and regulatory compliance. London: Sage.
9. Punch. K. F. (2005). Introduction to social research: Quantitative and qualitative approaches (2nd ed.). London: Sage.
10. Robinson, et al (2008). The impact of leadership on student outcomes: an analysis of the differential effects of leadership type. Educational Administration Quarterly, 44(5), 635-674,
11. Şişman, M., & S. Turan. (2004 ) Eğitim ve okul yönetimi, Eğitim ve Okul Yöneticiliği. (Editör: Yüksel Özden). Pegem A Yayıncılık, Ankara,
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.