Research Article of Scientific Research and Reviews
Comparative study on removal of divalent manganese ions by nanometer TiO2 with different morphology
Wenhao Wei, Guangming Liu, Jiakun Wang
College of Ocean Science and Engineering, Shanghai Maritime University, Shanghai 201306, China.
In order to solve the problem of excessive Mn(II) content in water in some areas of China, TiO2 nanotubes and TiO2 powder are used to remove Mn(II). The experimental results show that both TiO2 nanotubes and TiO2 powder have certain manganese removal effect, and the effect of powder is better. When the pH was 5.6 and the 20W UV lamp was irradiated for 40 min, the removal rate of the powder was 64.3 %, and the removal rate of the nanotubes anodized for 1h was 35.3 %, and the removal rate of the nanotubes anodized for 30 min was 23.9 %. When the pH is adjusted to 7-8, the removal rate of the nanotubes is significantly improved. When the pH was 8, 20W UV lamp was irradiated for 40 min, the removal rate of nanotubes anodized for 1h was 60.4%.
Keywords: Divalent manganese ion; Photocatalytic; Nano titanium dioxide; Remove
How to cite this article:
Wenhao Wei, Guangming Liu, Jiakun Wang. Comparative study on removal of divalent manganese ions by nanometer TiO2 with different morphology. Scientific Research and Reviews, 2019, 12:108. DOI:10.28933/srr-2019-06-2006
1. Liao Lan. Advances in the application of manganese removal technology in drinking water[J]. Technology and market. 2017,24(07):149-150.
2. Tao Yueyun, Ni Muzi, Xia Shengji. Research progress on removal of surface water manganese pollution in water treatment[J]. Water Science and Engineering Technology. 2013(05):62-65.
3. Wang Zhenxing, Wang Heli, Li Xiangquan. Re-search progress in groundwater removal and manganese removal technology[J]. Environmental Engineering. 2012,30(S2):48-51.
4. Tian Bin, Yan Hengzhen. Analysis on the technology of removing iron and manganese from groundwater[J]. Journal of Hunan City University. 2007(01):18-20.
5. Hu Wenhua, Wu Huifang, Sun Shiquan. Experimental study on removal of iron and manganese from contaminated groundwater by hydrogen peroxide preoxidation[J]. Water Treatment Technology, 2011, 37 (01): 73-75.
6. Yang Kai, Li Chunsen, Mo Xiaocui, et al. Removal of Manganese in Surface Water by Potassium Permanganate Oxidation[J]. China Water Supply and Drainage, 2003(08): 61-62.
7. Song Xiaowei. Adsorption of heavy metal ions cadmium and manganese by activated carbon[J ].Guangdong Chemical Industry,2018,45(16):76-77.
8. ATES A, AKGUL G. Modification of natural zeolite with NaOH for removal of manganese in drinking water[J]. Powder Technology,2016 (287) 28 5-291.
9. LEE K, KU H, PAK D. OH radical generation in a photocatalytic reactor using TiO2 nanotube plat-es[J]. Chemosphere,2016 (149) 114-120.
10. Huang Jinyong, Liu Guoguang, Zhang Wanhui, et al. Research progress of photocatalytic reduction of metal ions by TiO2[J]. Environmental Science and Technology, 2008, 31(12): 104-108.