Review article of American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews
Article Critique entitled: “The Leadership Practices of the Dean of Combined Arms Academy”
Eshetu Kibret Emiru*
*PhD Candidates of Educational Policy and Leadership, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
The present paper offers a critical review of the article published under the title of “The Leadership Practices of the Dean of Combined Arms Academy”. The reviewed article aimed at examining the academic leadership practices of the Ethiopian Combined Army Academy’s Dean. Qualitative design was employed to attain its objective. Interview, observation and document review were employed as instruments of data collection. Hence, the reviewer followed theoretical, epistemological and methodological approaches to qualitative research sought to critically appraise the article. Accordingly, albeit the article was written in line with qualitative research approach, it had some limitations that lessen its empirical power.
Bibliographic Citation “Tafere, M. (2014). The Leadership Practices of the Dean of Combined Arms Academy. International Journal of Educational Administration and Policy Studies, 6(5), 70-79.”
Keywords: Critique, Leadership Practices, Dean of Combined Arms Academy
How to cite this article:
Eshetu Kibret Emiru.Article Critique entitled: “The Leadership Practices of the Dean of Combined Arms Academy”. American Journal of Educational Research and Reviews, 2019,4:54.
1. Creswell, J. (2012). Educational research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (4th ed.). Boston, Pearson Education, Inc.
2. Creswell, J. (2013). Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches (3rd ed.). Los Angeles, SAGE Publications, Inc.
3. Flick, U. (2009). An introduction to qualitative research (4th ed). London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
4. Hoy, W.K. and Miskel, C.G. (2008). Educational Administration. Theory, research and Practice ( 8thed.). USA, The McGraw-Hill Companies.
5. Tafere, M. (2014). The Leadership Practices of the Dean of Combined Arms Academy. International Journal of Educational Administration and Policy Studies, 6(5), 70-79.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.