Research Article of Research Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science
A New approach in One Time Pad key management
Gilda R. Bansimba, Regis F. Babindamana, Peter A. G. Kidoudou
Université Marien Ngouabi, Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, BP: 69, Brazzaville, Congo
Let (P,C,K,ε_k,D_k) be the One Time Pad cryptosystem. We consider P=C=K.
In this paper, we improve the key management with introduction of the concept of mathematical key footprint to ensure the uniqueness of every generated key without storing it. We also combine the default operating system’s randomness Application Programming Interface (API) CSPRNG , with some further local system entropy parameters mainly the micro level of noise and environment brightness to enhance key generation randomness using any personal device. we introduce the use of negative keys to enlarge the key space K and give related algorithms.
Keywords:one time pad, random number generator, key management, key-footprint, security, cryptography, unbreakable cipher.
How to cite this article:
Gilda R. Bansimba, Regis F. Babindamana, Peter A. G. A New approach in One Time Pad key management. Research Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science, 2019; 3:17. DOI: 10.28933/rjmcs-2019-06-0405
1. S.G.Srikantaswamy, Dr.H.D.Phaneendra; An Enhanced Practical Difficulty of One-Time Pad Algorithm Resolving the Key Management and Distribution Problem. Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2018 Vol I, IMECS 2018, March 14-16, 2018, Hong Kong
2. S.G.Srikantaswamy, Dr.H.D.Phaneendra; Enhanced OneTime Pad Cipher with MoreArithmetic and Logical Operations with Flexible Key Generation Algorithm. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), Vol.3, No.6, November 2011.
3. Ms Sunita, Ms Ritu Malik; Hyper Encryption as an Advancement of one Time Pad an Unbreakable Cryptosystem. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 1, January 2014.
4. Omotunde Ayokunle A, Faith Adekogbe, Onuiri Ernest, Precious Uchendu; An Implementation of a One-Time Pad Encryption Algorithm for Data Security in Cloud Computing Environment. Research Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science.
5. Devipriya.M, Sasikala.G; A New Technique for One Time Pad Security Scheme with Complement Method. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
6. Raman Kumar, Roma Jindal, Abhinav Gupta, Sagar Bhalla, Harshit Arora; A Secure Authentication System- Using Enhanced One Time Pad Technique. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.11 No.2, February 2011.
7. Makato Matsumoto, Takuji Nishimura; Mersenne Twister: A 623-dimentionally equidistributed uniform pseudorandom number generator.
8. Richard J. Hughes, D.M. Alde, P. Dyer, G.G. Luther, G.L. Morgan, M. Schauer ; Quantum Cryptography. University of California, Physiscs Division Los Alamos National Laboratory. https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/9504002.pdf
9. Mort Yao; One-Time Pad https://wiki.soimort.org/crypto/one-time-pad/
10. Dr Mads Haar; Introduction to Randomness and Random Numbers https://www.random.org/randomness/
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.